Prospect Info: Sens have signed Stephen Halliday 2 year ELC beginning 2024-25 , On ATO with Belleville

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Here is my ignorance, I thought ELC's were auto 3 years.

Is it because of his age?

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Here is my ignorance, I thought ELC's were auto 3 years.

Is it because of his age?
Yup.

The length of the entry-level contract is dependent on the player’s age:
- 18-21 years of age: 3 years
- 22-23 years of age: 2 years
- 24 years of age (and up to 27 years of age for European players): 1 year

I'm not sure if they could have given him a 3yr deal had it started this season but I don't see why not. That said, we're currently at 49 contracts so maybe this was the only offer on the table.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I've heard his skating will likely keep him from being an impact player in the NHL, but haven't seen him play so who knows. Wonder if he'll get some games to finish the season

Edit just saw it's a mature tryout to close the season off so no big club I guess

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I watched him a few times this year.. He looked stronger than the previous year. Looking forward to seeing him in Belleville.
I think he will be beneficial to their PP.. He adds a fair bit of skill to that lineup. He can hang on to pucks, has very good hands, and is a really good play maker. The games I saw this year I saw improvements to his two way game. Ohio State played Michigan State (Levshunov) in the Big 10 semi finals lost 2-1 and upset Wisconsin in the Qtr finals. They also played Michigan State back to back in February where they split.

Sens prospect Theo Wallberg was a freshman 6'5 200lb LD... worth keeping an eye on also played for Ohio State,

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
Love it. He's a beauty and in that group of prospects I'm hopeful for at the NHL level (Ostapchuk, Crookshank, Halliday, Donovan, Kleven).

Reactions: dumbdick

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
If he makes it what a huge bonus for the team, 4th round overager - Classic Trent Mann draft pick.

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016
Pathetic state of affairs when a ten goal 22 year old college player is garnering excitement.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Can you point to the excitement? I'm not seeing it.
I'm excited.

Leading his team and nearly ppg as a sophomore in the NCAA, less than two seasons after being drafted in the 4th round.

Top 10 in scoring in the big 10 playing on a horrible team.

This is a prospects forum, people are supposed to get excited by prospects.

You guys can hedge against disappointment if you want.

But I'm ready to get back on that horse again.

My heart is ready.

Last edited:

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Pathetic state of affairs when a ten goal 22 year old college player is garnering excitement.
He’s big! And still 21
Hope is he helps Belleville and entertains down there. Is that real excitement??

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
:) As someone whos musical tastes were formed before rap was invented, i cant really tell good from bad there. But this surely seems to be the rap equivalent of getting Rick Rolled?
The funniest thing about that video is how not one person is even bopping their heads. Two people are having a conversation, and no one looks particularly happy.

That audience needs coaching for TV stat!!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad