Pre-Game Talk: Sens @ Flyers Apr. 2 1 p.m. Eastern| MOD Warning in OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
I think Binghamton will put up a fight but might fall short.

Smith-pageau-ryan
Hoffman-zibanejad-puempel
Paul-lazar-chiasson
Dzingel-gomez-neil

Claessen-karlsson
Kostka-ceci
Harpur-wideman

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Yes, that's what we need. Fans that will use homophobic and racial slurs to intimidate someone and then beat the **** out of them if that doesn't work.

Gee, sure wish we had more of that in Ottawa.

:help:

Ottawa fans mob mental disorder is bi-polar. Philly fans mob mental disorder is psychopathy. Leafs fans mob mental disorder is narcissism.

Am I doing this right?

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Looking forward to seeing more of Claesson w EK....I hope Sens keep Claesson. He's mobile and thinks quick...

Not sure the thought of him with EK excites me, but I definitely agree that he's a guy the Sens should keep.

Dmen can take a while to develop. Claesson has put in his time and shown us glimpses of a good player, and seems to be a hard enough enough worker that he warrants a longer look.

One more solid off season of training and he could be ready to be a useful bottom pairing guy next year.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Not sure the thought of him with EK excites me, but I definitely agree that he's a guy the Sens should keep.

Dmen can take a while to develop. Claesson has put in his time and shown us glimpses of a good player, and seems to be a hard enough enough worker that he warrants a longer look.

One more solid off season of training and he could be ready to be a useful bottom pairing guy next year.

I think he's looked good. A bottom pairing of Claesson and Wideman wouldn't be bad. Claesson can PK too, so no need for Boro. Boro can be a 7th.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
I lived in Philadelphia and went to many Sens Flyers games there and never once had a problem. Occasional chirps but that's about it. Actually met some really cool people at the games I went to. Philly fans are always under some weird microscope for some reason. The same or worse things happen at sporting events all over North America.

I had much more unpleasant times going to games in Pittsburgh actually.

Well I don't think they'd much have a problem with Ottawa fans as there isn't really a rivalry there. I've heard stories about people going to the a Eagles came against a divisional rival and it's just horrific what goes on.

The comment was more directed that the person who thinks that Ottawa needs fans that are more like the perception of Philly fans than the reality. If that makes sense.

SevenOfSpades

Dec 9, 2010
Loooool
That D

SktDIBF.gif

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
If Philly is in, that means Detroit is out? I wouldn't mind that.....but not at Ottawa's expense.

NHL = NFL?
Flyers = Raiders (blue collar thugs)
Wings = Patriots (spoiled brats)

...I want Flyers > Wings...(break Wings playoff streak, and want to cheer for Giroux & ghost)

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Let's get some Karlsson points this afternoon :nod:

Last edited by a moderator:

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Gudas just threw a player to the ice that was no where near the puck and didn't have it for awhile. No penalty.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
I think Hammond has looked a lot better the past month or so. Tough start of the year with injury but he's found his game late in the year imo.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Wideman-Harpur are just running around without direction. Not unexpected to be honest.

Harpur looks like he isn't totally comfortable in his own body yet. Looks kinda clunky and awkward. But....you can see he has a decent feel where to be and what to do....just no flow to his game yet...needs to shine that toolbox.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Claesson is looking really good out there. Seems to be a good fit with Karlsson.

Surprised how well Harpur is moving the puck. He might have a future in this league after all.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Karlsson and Ceci are really carrying this defense right now.

Harpur looks better than I expected him to be. He's got a good stick, he plays positional D fairly well.

Claesson has looked pretty good with Karlsson.

Harpur and Claesson both have time to grow and improve.

Kostka is filling in admirably so I give him full marks.

Wideman... IDK. I like him more than Borowiecki but that's not saying too much. He could be a Corvo/Preissing guy for us when we're healthy next year but who knows.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
lol how many regulars (or should have been) are they missing?

MacArthur, Turris, Stone, Methot, Phaneuf, Wiercioch, Borowiecki, Phillips?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad