GDT: Sens @ Coyotes Nov. 28 10pm HNIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Actually prince could be seen as a bit of a stone Hoffman hybrid. Speed, playmaking, creates turnovers, positive guy etc.
Maybe just not quite at their levels.

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
If it wasn't for Lindback in the first we'd have a comfortable lead going into the third where we'd almost piss it away to eventually win the game.

i don't think so. a lot of our scoring chances weren't high quality. put any competent goalie having a decent night and the score at best would have been 2-1 sens after one. just my opinion though.

we're just feeling the feels dallas felt after their game against us. maybe colorado too, but they didn't have the right to feel that they dominated us outside of the third period.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
**** the Coyotoes.

Hope they make the playoffs, get spanked in the 1st round and become a bottom dweller next season.

Seriously, they are the surprise team this season just like Calgary was last season and Colorado the season before. They will share the same fate as both of them next season.

I gotta ask.. why such strong emotions towards a team that is completely inconsequential to us? If anything I feel bad for them given how they got bumped in the draft last year.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I gotta ask.. why such strong emotions towards a team that is completely inconsequential to us? If anything I feel bad for them given how they got bumped in the draft last year.

Isn't there a poster around these parts that has an irrational hatred for the Florida Panthers, too? And not just any hatred, it came off like some kind of Hatfield - McCoy kind of generations-old blood feud.

Maybe TCIAL just hates dry hot summers and Kachina dolls?

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013

Too be fair, i posted that after i watched the game. I have calmed down since then.

I still think they will suffer the same fate as Calgary and Colorado did though.

Last edited:

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Isn't there a poster around these parts that has an irrational hatred for the Florida Panthers, too? And not just any hatred, it came off like some kind of Hatfield - McCoy kind of generations-old blood feud.

Maybe TCIAL just hates dry hot summers and Kachina dolls?

Probably me your referring to.

I don't hate the Panthers. I just think their fanbase is despicable struggling to sell 1000 tickets to a game, and then they show up willy nilly when their team is in playoff run. or fighting to get in.

Theres fans that would kill to have a nhl, like Winnipeg.

Before you call me a hypocrite, the sens still manage 80% capacity on average, which could be better but its not laughable.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Anderson was meh this game. Weird decisions on his part. Especially on the 2nd goal.

it is what it is though. We have won many games where we were outshot and dominated. So i guess we were bound to lose a game where we outshot the opponent.

I am getting a little worried though being that he have allowed 3 or more goals in the last 3 games.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005

I don't hate the Panthers. I just think their fanbase is despicable struggling to sell 1000 tickets to a game, and then they show up willy nilly when their team is in playoff run. or fighting to get in.

Before you call me a hypocrite, the sens still manage 80% capacity on average, which could be better but its not laughable.

I watched the Coyotes feed. Saw their commercials, listened to their announcers, heard their in game music. Saw their fans in the seats.

I liked the effort. The package... They are delivering for fans. Great arena. Exciting product. Good promotions. Competent TV for locals. Saw empty seats but it wasn't sad like. We have had thousands of empty seats this season too.

I get Florida. They have apparently a broken arena. I still like their fans. I feel for all fans of teams with issues. In Ottawa we have been those fans. At times if it was 1993 again... We would be Hartford or Minnesota or Quebec or Winnipeg... When Bryden couldn't make payroll.

So count me with Phoenix and Nashville and Florida. All those owners have tried to make it work in recent seasons.

I really enjoyed watching the Coyotes feed. I don't know if the team ends up staying. They are unfortunately in apparently the wrong city of the three big cities that make up greater Phoenix. But I hope they do. Lots of hardcore fans are attached to the team. Maybe not as many as in Ottawa or in Quebec or Winnipeg before they moved... But nonetheless... We would be devastated if the Sens moved to another city.

I don't understand Canadian fans cheering for a team to leave. Or being mad that they are losing money and get revenue sharing... So what? To us? And I am an NHL season ticket holder. I would rather the NHL try to make it work everywhere there is a team. Take losses for even a decade and hope they can build a really good market. The product I saw. On the ice and off watching the Coyotes feed is fully legit. I would rather a legit effort at success long term then the cut and run of the NHL in the 70's and 90's and the NBA and NFL. You put a franchise in a city. You commit. You commit time and effort and treasure and if it fails in the end... Well you tried.

If the NHL of Bettman the last 15 years followed the cut and run and take the money of the earlier NHL and other leagues.... Their may not be teams in Edmonton, Ottawa, Buffalo and Pittsburgh. All great hockey markets.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Ah well, they earned the right to lose one I suppose, just too bad they couldn't pop off a team that was coming off a long night the night before.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada

What the heck...? Did you give up on Mika Zibanejad? Why the name change?

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
hoffman is so hot

him and karlsson are 2 of the most talented guys in the league.

such skill, much stick handling, so wow

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
What the heck...? Did you give up on Mika Zibanejad? Why the name change?

Zibbys still my favourite sen. It was just a stupid thing I did in the spur of the moment.

Although I have tempered expectations of Zib. Don't think he will ever become that 30-40 elite skating power forward of a centre anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad