GDT: Sens @ Cains | November Seventh Two Thousand Fifteen

Status
Not open for further replies.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Wiercoch on the ice for another goal. Keep throwing him out there Cameron. He's a winner.

People will say he wasn't directly at fault on that goal, but he also didn't do anything to help out. I really am drawing a blank as to why he's cameron's go-to after Karlsson on the 3 vs 3.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
46 is bad. Really bad. That was bad. I don't like life. My goodness he's bad. We need some real defensemen. NOW.

Real defensemen wouldn't of helped with the system they were playing in the third, a whole lot of watching the play, a total lack of skating.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Nah, the putrid play of the Sens for the entire third period cost us a point.

4 seconds from the win. Without that icing call, it's over.

Sure we didn't deserve a win, but the loss was an almost direct result of a call that was so obviously not an iced puck that I have no idea what the lineman was thinking.

I get that you don't want to blame refs when we play so poorly, but that kind of stuff is just terrible and really shouldn't be happening in a pro league.

arglebargle

Feb 27, 2008
This is going to keep happening as long as they take their foot off the gas with a lead in the 3rd. Even going back to last year they get back on their heels and puck watch until they cough up a lead. The refs will also actively try to screw you if you're playing like that, as we've just seen.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Weird. We were thoroughly outplayed, but we only lost because of two terrible linesman decisions that gifted them the tie. Really inexcusable effort by the team though, we stopped skating & not many had a good night.

No, we lost because we played terrible. We should've won atleast one of these ****ing faceoffs and when we had control of the puck we gave it away. The refs can't do that.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
People will say he wasn't directly at fault on that goal, but he also didn't do anything to help out. I really am drawing a blank as to why he's cameron's go-to after Karlsson on the 3 vs 3.

Probably because he's the 2nd best passer after Karlsson (dmen).

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Seriously

Stone comes back in...
So Cameron doesn't put HST back together and that line has been lights out.
and
He takes Prince off Zib and Ryan's line after they had the best 2 games of the year.

WTF ?

Not saying just saying.

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago
Cameron made some absolutely baffling decisions. Was Cowen hurt or benched? Why was Prince taken off the top line? Why was Wiercioch out there defending the lead?

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
What the hell is Cameron thinking putting Wier and Stone at 3 on 3? like come on man are you a freaking professional or what? Jesus christ sometimes the decision these people make are so ****ing dumb

Complaining about Stone being out at 3-3 is ridiculous. He isn't slow. He is our best forward with his stick, either from straight steals or from intercepting passes. And once he has the puck he is hard to take it away from.

Of all things to criticize in this game... It isn't using Stone 3-3.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Real defensemen wouldn't of helped with the system they were playing in the third, a whole lot of watching the play, a total lack of skating.

Team looked gassed after defending the last 20 mins.

No to mention we couldn't win a faceoff, and when we did, they blew it dead because it wasn't done fair (probable because we started cheating on the draws on the account of how terrible we were doing).

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
This team is awful

We need way more than one good player to turn things around

Oh, yea sure .... but with atleast two decent pairings (Ceci+ ?) we don't get dominated nearly as much.

The effort wasn't there tonight but even with the effort, which if we give a good one we are very good in net and good offensively but even if there's a strong effort from the backend we are still mediocre at best.

arglebargle

Feb 27, 2008
Also what the hell has Borowiecki done to earn the right to close out games? He can't clear the puck to save his life, stop putting him out there when it's 5v6.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON

No to mention we couldn't win a faceoff, and when we did, they blew it dead because it wasn't done fair (probable because we started cheating on the draws on the account of how terrible we were doing).

We shouldn't be gassed playing a team that just played last night.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012

Very true, absolute garbage on the draws tonight, probably a huge reason we couldn't get the 2 points tonight, hard to win the game when you never have the puck.

Edit: 24-41 for Carolina on the draws. Our team needs to learn to win a ****ing faceoff.

burf

Mar 27, 2012
Wier-Stone-Prince looked pretty good on that OT shift until they got caught on that icing, after which they just got boxed in their zone. They all had pretty good games otherwise though. I'm not sure why everyone's ripping on them - they were tired after a long shift, and had been controlling play prior to that icing.

In other news, Wideman and Lazar were TERRIBLE this game. I'm happy that Wideman got his first NHL goal, but he was also on the ice for half of Carolina's ES shot attempts, despite having the lowest ES icetime of all Ottawa d-men.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
i think we played poorly in the OT: karlsson causing an offside and Ryan losing the puck meant relinquishing the puck to the Canes and that bad news for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad