Pre-Game Talk: Sens @ Bruins Monday 1 pm

Shruggs Peterson

Mar 1, 2017
Watching the games on Saturday and today Colin White has been bounced up and down the line up and he's struggled more than I thought he would. Imo he's looked alright with Pyatt and MP making an energy line but when he's been playing with Duchene the play has died with him more than once.

If they give him some consistent linemates for a whole game maybe he can get some something going.

Reactions: Boud

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
it's a ****ty contract and I hate condon....but when that deal was signed we were spending almost 70
Was that in actual dollars spent or cap hit? Definitely referring to actual salary since cap hit is irrelevant for us, but culd still be off.

Also, wasn't that number brought closer to 60 that summer because we lost Methot just before and Mac went on LTIR?

I thought we'd never exceeded 68 in actual spending and were typically closer to between 60 and 65, but its all fuzzy now tbh.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Condon sucked today & basically cost them the game, Boston is clearly a very experienced team & schooled them a bit but I thought if they would have gotten better goaltending they had a chance. This could be a problem all yr & with his contract nobody will want to take Condon off our hands, we are stuck with him.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
And san Jose and Karlsson are exploding at the moment. I know it's early but sens winning the deal at the moment. Wait till all prospects and draft picks kick in..

j-jameson-laugh-~-caption-free-19223232.png

Reactions: DanyHeatley

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Was that in actual dollars spent or cap hit? Definitely referring to actual salary since cap hit is irrelevant for us, but culd still be off.

Also, wasn't that number brought closer to 60 that summer because we lost Methot just before and Mac went on LTIR?

I thought we'd never exceeded 68 in actual spending and were typically closer to between 60 and 65, but its all fuzzy now tbh.

at the time he was signed we were upper 60s in actual salary

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
It's what needs to be done.

We don't have the depth to be keeping our only legit consistent scoring threats on different lines, especially when one is being centered by a career 4th line center barring 1 season.

Though that 2nd line has very little creativity or scoring ability
Which one is the second line? I just threw together guys i thought had chemistry. Really liked boedker with formenton and think white and tkachuk could click.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
I'd like to see us load up the top line to get the offense going

Dzingel-Duchene-Stone

Formenton-Tierney-Boedker (speed kills)
Tkachuk-White-Ryan (American line?)
Paajarvi-Smith Pyatt (energy matchup 3rd)

Premise being have one really good line, and three 3rd lines.
That’s exactly what I was thinking. This could be quite lethal actually...

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Why is it so laughable that the sens actually did well in that transaction? I don't understand the negativity. You guys got good amazing young pieces for a guy leaving in a year...
doing well in trading of Karlsson means we got a franchise player in return. We didn't.

Karlsson is not "a guy leaving in a year". That's what the management did.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Formenton duchene dzingel
Tkatchuk white stone
Boedker smith ryan
Pyatt tierney aajarvi.

That’s how I would go on forward.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I'd just settle for leaving Boro in the press box. They seriously need to give someone else a shot over him. He's by far and away the worst player on the club.
I think Condon is worse & if he continues to play this yr as he did last yr & in today's game, they are screwed. Anderson has at the least been better this yr than he was last yr but it's a long yr, IMO it will be goaltending that hurts this team all yr long.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I don't like that White is on the 4th line, I did like to see him centre Smith & Stone & thought they were pretty good together. Can't wait for them to trade or get rid of UFAs Pyatt, Paajarvi & Carey & replace them with our better prospects. My guess is that Formenton will eventually be returned to junior again this season to play in the WJC, to bulk up a little & improve his offensive game especially finishing on breakaways. I could also see Smith or Dzingel replaced by Chlapik a some point on LW but he needs to improve in taking faceoffs from what I have seen.

Dzingel - Duchene - Ryan
Smith - White - Stone
Tkachuk - Tierney - Boedker
Paul - Brown - Batherson

I agree with getting rid of Paajarvi, Carey and Pyatt in that order. Very unimpressed with Paajarvi who seems to be shying away from physical play. Formenton needs to develop his offensive game and mature his body, so agreed he should go back to junior. Smith has fallen and should be traded but I think we would get crap in return for crap. Dzingel can stay imo as I think he is a useful player with some offensive skills.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I think Ceci is worse than Boro and that's with Ceci having more offensive upside than Boro.
Nah. Ceci is generally at least in good position to to make a play. Ceci's hands just fail him. He bobbles too many pucks and fails to clear the zone or make the pass to transition. Boro can't get in the right position, runs around AND doesn't have the hands to make plays. There are very very few players I've seen at this level who have worse gap control than Boro. He's not a NHL player. Ceci is a NHL player, just not a good one.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
at the time he was signed we were upper 60s in actual salary
Even after Mac's ltir insurance? I thought we were right at 67 without Mac's ltir taken in to account, which then put us at more like 64 or so. Combine that with the deadline shedding, actual salary out the door would have been closer to 60 than high 60's.

Edit: i see you said, at the time of signing Condon, so what i said is mostly irrelevant unless they knew already Mac wasn't coming back.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad