Prospect Info: Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2023 #6

Who is the Sens #6 Prospect at the moment?

• Donovan Sebrango

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lassi Thomson

• Jorian Donovan

• Maxence Guénette

• Philippe Daoust

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Nothing wrong with a bland bottom pair Dman that quietly goes about his thing. I said it last year (or maybe it was earlier) but JBD reminds me a lot of DeMelo.

I like that JBD keeps his calm and can play up the lineup without falling apart, that's pretty promising for a young Dman breaking in, if he can get a bit stronger along the boards and in front of the net, I think he'll have a long career.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Oskar Petersen - he has best goal hunting instinct of the prospects left on the baord. Good frame

Reminds me of Jakob Silferberg without the hype

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Stephen Halliday vote sighting. Hopefully he has a big year. Good size and has very good offensive skills.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
JBD and Jarventie are tied with only 3 hours left to vote. Maybe someone could change their vote? Or do we really want to have a tie breaker?

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
FML!

I will give you 5 vbucks to change your mind!

Don't worry, I'll go with your boy in the next one.

Or maybe I won't.

giphy.gif

I'll concede that Jarventie has the higher ceiling but I'm more skeptical that he'll be an everyday NHL player.

I think JBD will end up with 400+ games.

You can prepare the massive serving of delicious crow if Jarventie breaks out this season in Belleville.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
JBD is like what 22? He is on a pretty straight progression path so far might be a #4 in his mid-late 20s
Yeah to say he has no upside to play is outrageous. Some posters dont understand development timelines. D men and goalies take longer than forwards.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Yeah to say he has no upside to play is outrageous. Some posters dont understand development timelines. D men and goalies take longer than forwards.
DeMelo played his first season with us at 25, people went from thinking he was a plug to talking about whether we should extend him for up to 5 mil before we traded him.

I think JBD still has lots of road left to develop.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
DeMelo played his first season with us at 25, people went from thinking he was a plug to talking about whether we should extend him for up to 5 mil before we traded him.

I think JBD still has lots of road left to develop.
5m ? that would be pushing it. An outlier for sure.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
5m ? that would be pushing it. An outlier for sure.
It was before the pandemic, so there was still the expectation that the cap was going up quickly, 5 mil was definitely the high point, similar to how some were saying Zub could get something absurd on the open market when we were looking to extend him.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Don't worry, I'll go with your boy in the next one.

Or maybe I won't.

giphy.gif

I'll concede that Jarventie has the higher ceiling but I'm more skeptical that he'll be an everyday NHL player.

I think JBD will end up with 400+ games.

You can prepare the massive serving of delicious crow if Jarventie breaks out this season in Belleville.
I will be absolutely happy to eat crow if Jarventie breaks out in Belleville this coming season!

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
That was messed up .. with DJ. Zaitsev and Dorion of course
Problem is we don't know what the ask was at the time, it was pre-pandemic, so we can't just assume that he'd have extended for the 3 x 4yrs he accepted from WPG that he got after 10 months of roling lockdowns when everything went to crap,

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad