Prospect Info: Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2021 #21

Who is the Sens #21 Prospect at the moment?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Remember to vote based on all factors and not just NHL readiness. Overall skillset, hockey IQ, upside (potential vs floor), stats, skating ability, array of shots, leadership qualities, size/strenght, age, etc

I always ask myself who would I draft BPA among these players?

Try to do some research on these kids, particularly the most recent ones. People are free to post links and videos about some of the prospects that should be voted soon, or even try to persuade others why a guy should be voted next! Spread info to help people vote.

As we have been doing since 2004, we are going to use the HF criterias for prospect eligibility (less than 65 NHL games and under 25 y/o)

NHL Prospect Criteria - Hockey's Future

However, this year there will be 2 exceptions to avoid never-ending debates. Like SensBrawler said "It's a weird situation due to the shortened season. In most years, they would have easily graduated."

So Tim Stutzle (53 GP) and Josh Norris (59 GP) are going to be considered graduated. The panel of Sens prospect polls experts think that the majority of people would still consider Brannstrom as a prospect, even though he has more games than them (63 GP), so he's going to be among options.

Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2021

a) Tim Stutzle (53 GP)
b) Josh Norris (59 GP)

---------------------------------
1- Jake Sanderson (95.0%)
2- Shane Pinto (71.2%)
3- Erik Brännström (46.1%)
4- Tyler Boucher (28.6%)
5- Alex Formenton (53.2%)
6- Ridly Greig (43.8%)
7- Filip Gustavsson (43.6%)
8- Jacob Bernard-Docker (74.1%)
9- Egor Sokolov (51.2%)
10- Mads Søgaard (58.7%)
11- Logan Brown (50.0%)
12- Roby Järventie (52.8%)
13- Tyler Kleven (44.9%)
14- Lassi Thomson (54.3%)
15- Leevi Merilainen (71.4%)
16- Zack Ostapchuk (42.9%)
17- Angus Crookshank (67.6%)
18- Parker Kelly (45.0%)
19- Benjamin Roger (37.2%)
20- Vitali Abramov (68.2%)

To be added next (ask to add if you intend to vote a prospect soon) :

Chandler Romeo
Jakov Novak
Jonny Tychonick
Eric Engstrand
Luke Loheit

Also, leaving the link of pre-2017 polls if anyone wants to bookmark the page

2016 Senators Prospects Top 30 + Past Rankings

Last edited:

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Yeah the depth of the group is very impressive. Wouldn't be shocked if there was a couple future NHLers that haven't been ranked yet.

Aspirot should definitely be an option. Impressive first two AHL seasons.

I feel like the upside at this point has dropped a little (other than maybe Johansson, which is why I voted for him), but the likelihood to make it for this group of 6-8 is probably quite similar to/not significantly lower than the group after 10.

Really exciting group of young players we have here.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Give me the dude who was nearly CHL goalie of the year in 2020.
Yep. There's not a huge gap for me between Mando and Sogaard, but they are 10+ spots apart here. Mando's best CHL season is better than Sogaard's, relative to the competition (QMJHL vs WHL).

Reactions: MrInvidious

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I feel like the upside at this point has dropped a little (other than maybe Johansson, which is why I voted for him), but the likelihood to make it for this group of 6-8 is probably quite similar to/not significantly lower than the group after 10.

Really exciting group of young players we have here.

Philippe Daoust would be seen as a much better prospect right now if it wasn't for Covid
Oliver Johansson is a guy to keep an eye on. Seems to have a pretty good skillset for a 3rd rounder
Carson Latimer is a very good skater, plays a complete game, let's see how his season goes
Maxence Guénette was good in the Q, curious to see how he does in the AHL
Viktor Lodin has a good skillset, who knows? Could be a late bloomer

After that it's depth prospects to me, but not bad ones. Guys like Kastelic and Mandolese could end up playing in the NHL for example

Everything is hard to say with so little hockey the last 2 years but we'll start having better indications soon (well assuming the anti-everything don't destroy society before!)

Yep. There's not a huge gap for me between Mando and Sogaard, but they are 10+ spots apart here. Mando's best CHL season is better than Sogaard's, relative to the competition (QMJHL vs WHL).

IMO the gap is huge between the 2 and it will become clearer and clearer in the next few years. If he's mentally strong, Sogaard is a beast in the making.

Last edited:

MrInvidious

Sep 25, 2020
Toronto, ON / Ottawa, ON

It reminds me of last off-season when I was banging the drum for Gus to be rated more highly than guys like Hogberg and Sogaard and more aligned closer to Daccord and most on here dismissed it. Goalies and how we perceive them is a fickle sport.

I like Sogaard and want to see him succeed but him being valued where he is and having Mandolese this low is 95% draft stock and height. That's about it.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Aspirot deserves more love here too.

He pretty much led the AHL in defenceman goals and power play goals last season. Made a good ppg jump from the previous year. He outproduced Lassi pretty handily and he's only 16 months older at 22.

The times I've watched Belleville he's been fairly noticeable on the ice as well.

Reactions: OD99

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Has anyone else been watching how good Johansson has been this year. AINEC applies here in terms of Sens prospects remaining.
Hell Abramov just went and its doubtful he'll ever be an NHL regular,

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
It's an example of how many good prospects this team has accumulated & a great indicator that this rebuild is right on tract.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Has anyone else been watching how good Johansson has been this year. AINEC applies here in terms of Sens prospects remaining.
Hell Abramov just went and its doubtful he'll ever be an NHL regular,
The stats look great but it's such a small sample so far. Kid is still a big covid question mark.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
It is funny reading the posts after I voted for Aspirot.

He is getting lots of praise and I voted for him for the reasons pointed out but I am the single vote!

If he takes another step this year then he will have to move up these ranks - being older always gets players pushed down but his development has been fantastic the last couple of seasons.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
It reminds me of last off-season when I was banging the drum for Gus to be rated more highly than guys like Hogberg and Sogaard and more aligned closer to Daccord and most on here dismissed it. Goalies and how we perceive them is a fickle sport.

I like Sogaard and want to see him succeed but him being valued where he is and having Mandolese this low is 95% draft stock and height. That's about it.

He is ranked 3rd by the team as well it would seem with him likely in the ECHL while Sogaar and Gus hold things down in Belleville.

They are close and I love that we have so many goalies that look to potentially be NHL caliber if not legit starters.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Once you dive into him, you realize this kid is a legit stud. It’s not just stats.
I'm glad to hear that. He's played so little over the past two years that it's hard to judge much here. Hopefully we get a gem here.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I am rooting for Guenette to be a dark horse surprise that becomes a top RD prospect.

There are several dark horses at this point in Kastelic who could become a 4th line centre, Latimer who has the speed, size & tenacity to play a bottom six role & Daoust who could turn into a decent point producing 3rd line left winger.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad