Prospect Info: Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2021 #14

Who is the Sens #14 Prospect at the moment?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Remember to vote based on all factors and not just NHL readiness. Overall skillset, hockey IQ, upside potential vs floor, age, stats, skating ability, array of shots, leadership qualities, size/strenght, etc

Personally, I always ask myself, who would I draft BPA among these players?

Try to do some research on these kids, particularly the most recent ones. People are free to post links and videos about some of the prospects that should be voted soon, or even try to persuade others why a guy should be voted next! Spread info to help people vote.

Players from the top-30 in 2020 who have graduated since (and still with the organization) :

Drake Batherson, Tim Stutzle, Josh Norris

Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2021

a) Tim Stutzle (53 GP)
b) Josh Norris (59 GP)

1- Jake Sanderson (95.0%)
2- Shane Pinto (
71.2%)
3- Erik Brännström (46.1%)
4- Tyler Boucher (28.6%)
5- Alex Formenton (53.2%)
6- Ridly Greig (43.8%)
7- Filip Gustavsson (43.6%)
8- Jacob Bernard-Docker (74.1%)
9- Egor Sokolov (51.2%)
10- Mads Søgaard (58.7%)
11- Logan Brown (50.0%)
12- Roby Järventie (52.8%)
13- Tyler Kleven (44.9%)
14-
15-

As we have been doing since 2004, we are going to use the HF criterias for prospect eligibility (less than 65 NHL games and under 25 y/o)

NHL Prospect Criteria - Hockey's Future

However, this year there will be 2 exceptions to AVOID massive turmoil. Like SensBrawler said to me "It's a weird situation due to the shortened season. In most years, they would have easily graduated."

So Tim Stutzle (53 GP) and Josh Norris (59 GP) are going to be considered graduated. The panel of Sens prospect polls experts think that the majority of people would still consider Brannstrom as a prospect, even though he has more games than them (63 GP), so he's going to be among options.

Order of the next prospects to be added :

Kevin Mandolese
Carson Latimer
Viktor Lodin
Maxence Guénette
Jonathan Aspirot
Parker Kelly
Cole Reinhardt
Mark Kastelic
Chandler Romeo
Jakov Novak
Jonny Tychonick
Eric Engstrand
Luke Loheit

Also, leaving the link of pre-2017 polls if anyone wants to bookmark the page

2016 Senators Prospects Top 30 + Past Rankings

Last edited:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Merilainin or Thomson here for me, Ostapchuk is intriguing but I haven't seen enough of him yet. Abramov probably would have my vote if he was still in NA but heading to the KHL makes me think he may not return.

Going with Thomson because there are only so many openings for goalies so even good prospects can be long shots where as if Thomson never lives up to expectations he could still wind up being a third pair journeyman.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
If we are looking at upside ; projected value; I am going Ostapchuk or Merilainen at this point. I like Crookshank over Thomson as well. IMO Ostapchuk and Merilainen are both younger and still have a chance to be something special beyond what we've seen from the other two Crookshank is going into D+4 and Thomson D+3 who may at some point become serviceable NHL players. I've liked Crookshank since his DY and 1st dev camp. Thomson started to slide in the 2nd half of his DY+1 and has struggled since. I am starting to think he cashed on opportunities with his bomb early but the gremlins crept into his game. Watching those shift vids @RAFI BOMB put together on other BSens players Thomson does not get flattered and his decision making is front and center especially under pressure.

Last edited:

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
It's not easy here

Merilainen is a goalie and still very young, only played junior but seems to be on a very steep development curve already. If he continues on that path, he will be regarded as high as Gustavsson/Sogaard in the near future

Ostapchuk is intriguing. He was only ranked #95 by TSN/McKenzie but played so little in his Draft year or even D-1 year... He didn't really have the chance to prove himself as a teenager. He's now 18 y/o and seems to be primed for a significant breakout. He has a nice combination of size and skill. And seriously, the way the Sens brass was confident in taking him at #39 kinda reminds me of the Pinto pick 2 years before.

Angus Crookshank has been under the radar for years. He seems like a very good bet to be a solid bottom-6 forward, plays the way coaches love and has good offensive instincts and scoring touch.

Lassi Thomson was a 19th OA pick 2 years ago, probably picked too high but he does have talent and it's not something you can teach. It's hard to see him becoming a player without flaws so IMO that limits his potential. Maybe a guy that could be a decent #4 in a vacuum but ideally your #5 (like Ceci or Zaitsev). In his case, he'd bring more offensively than defensively.

Vitali Abramov would absolutely be considered here but the fact that he's going to the KHL for now makes it easier for us. He should be voted later on

There's also other guys with intriguing potential like Johansson and Daoust. Very curious to see what they can do this year in a normal (?) hockey season. Could be huge risers

Last edited:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
If we are looking at upside ; projected value; I am going Ostapchuk or Merilainen at this point. I like Crookshank over Thomson as well. IMO Ostapchuk and Merilainen are both younger and still have a chance to be something special beyond what we've seen from the other two Crookshank is going into D+4 and Thomson D+3 who may at some point become serviceable NHL players. I've liked Crookshank since his DY and 1st dev camp. Thomson started to slide in the 2nd half of his DY+1 and has struggled since. I am starting to think he cashed on opportunities with his bomb early but the gremlins crept into his game. Watching those shift vids @RAFI BOMB put together on other BSens players Thomson does not get flattered and his decision making is front and center especially under pressure.

I can definitely see your point, I'm not exactly high on Thomson, but I do think he likely gets a cup of coffee at the very least. The other guys might have higher upside but imo are also more likely to never even get much of a shot.

Crookshank to me seems like the guy that looks great at lower levels but I can't shake the feeling he never transitions to the next level. Hope I'm wrong though, wouldn't be the first time

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I can definitely see your point, I'm not exactly high on Thomson, but I do think he likely gets a cup of coffee at the very least. The other guys might have higher upside but imo are also more likely to never even get much of a shot.

Crookshank to me seems like the guy that looks great at lower levels but I can't shake the feeling he never transitions to the next level. Hope I'm wrong though, wouldn't be the first time

No big wagers at this point

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad