Sens Board Prospect Rankings 2015 (12th)

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
Sens Prospect Rankings:

1. Matt Puempel LW 6'00'' CAN (Binghamton Senators, AHL) 36.36%
2. Nick Paul LW 6'03'' CAN (North Bay Battalion, OHL) 53.57%
3. Thomas Chabot D 6'02'' CAN (Saint John Sea Dogs, QMJHL) 40.91%
4. Shane Prince LW 5'11'' USA (Binghamton Senators, AHL) 41.74%
5. Colin White C 6'00'' USA (U.S. National Under-18 Team, USHL) 66.09%
6. Matt O'Connor G 6'06'' CAN (Boston University, H-East) 61.00%
7. Mikael Wikstrand D 6'00'' SWE (Frolunda, SHL) 31.33%
8. Gabriel Gagne RW 6'05'' CAN (Victoriaville Tigres, QMJHL) 32.74%
9. Tobias Lindberg RW 6'03'' SWE (Oshawa Generals, OHL) 45.00%
10. Filip Chlapik C 6'01'' CZE (Charlottetown Islanders, QMJHL) 65.79%
11. Fredrik Claesson D 6'00'' SWE (Binghamton Senators, AHL) 39.02%
12. ?

2014 Senators Prospects Top 30 + Past Rankings
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1727077

Added Daccord

Who should I add next?
Tim Boyle
Robbie Baillargeon
Vincent Dunn
Chris Leblanc
Quentin Shore
Christian Wolanin
Troy Rutkowski
Alex Guptill
Travis Ewanyk

The poll will be open for 48 hours (unless it's a blowout).

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Hogberg. Similar level prospect as O'Connor just not as far along his development.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
do people remember we got Englund in the second round of a weak draft and he just had a bad year?

He was a 1st round quality prospect in the eyes of a top scouting staff in the league. Dorion called him a future top 4 defenseman and one of the higher character players he has ever selected.

He may have had a slightly disappointing post-draft season, but he's still a quality prospect, and I think if it were Sens management making this list he'd be ranked higher than 12th.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Dzingle is not the right choice here because he looked good at development camp playing against players as much as 5 years younger than him doesn't mean he will translate to the NHL.

He isn't going to get a sniff in Ottawa, they already have younger players who are smallish and more skilled playing on the team or ahead of him on the depth chart just look at the current list.

Englund and Harpur project to actually playing games in the NHL at some point they are both much better prospects.

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
Dzingel is getting so overrated on this board. Englund, Hogberg, Harper, Gendron, Ahl, McCormick, Eiserman... all guys I'd have ahead of him. Dzingel is a good player I just don't think he'll be a very good NHL player. Too risk/reward and I don't think his reward is that exceptional compared to the other guys we have. Honestly shocked that he's getting any votes at all right now.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I'm going off the board with McCormick. Of everyone left I feel he has the most chance of actually making it to the NHL, along with Robinson.

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
Dzingle is not the right choice here because he looked good at development camp playing against players as much as 5 years younger than him doesn't mean he will translate to the NHL.

He isn't going to get a sniff in Ottawa, they already have younger players who are smallish and more skilled playing on the team or ahead of him on the depth chart just look at the current list.

Englund and Harpur project to actually playing games in the NHL at some point they are both much better prospects.

Yup. I definitely think McCormick is seen as a stronger NHL prospect by the team, and I wouldnt even consider voting him in for the next 4 or 5 spots at least. Englund, Hogberg and Harpur are a clear next tier to me, with Eiserman/Ahl/Gendron/Driedger/McCormick/Robinson/Schneider in the next tier, with Dzingel at the lower end of that group.. Then comes Perron, Jaros, Summers, Wolanin, Baillargeon, etc.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Personally I don't see Dzingel becoming anything more than Corey Locke. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I don't see him ever making the NHL.

Dzingel is 6'0 now and dzingel can skate and scores a lot of points on the rush with dekes. I agree though he isnt a great prospect but a lot of what remains arent shoe in prospects.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
wow it's going to be hard for a while, we'll have a hard time to get a clear consensus on the next tiers.

It seems though that Hogberg, Harpur, Dzingel and Englund will be the next 4 (not in order)

Whatever happens, top-20 will look solid. Heck, a guy like Cole Schneider will barely be in our top-20, maybe not

Going with Harpur, add Baillargeon

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
My boy Dzingel.

He dominated the camp at a level where you have to have him here. Yea he a bit older but dominated in that fashion too so give the guy some slack, lol.

We Want the Cup 2010

Jun 16, 2009
Very interested to see how 6'6", 220 Ilb Ben Harpur does this year in Bingo. IMO he has the best chance out of the remaining prospects to play a significant role with the sens. He plays nasty and has some decent hands for a big man. Could be a Hall Gill/ Andy Sutton cross. I bet he will be much higher in the rankings in a year from now.

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
We should reopen this as only Dzingel vs Englund if/when the spread between them and the next highest guy reaches 25%. It's currently 22%.

18(Englund) minus 14(Hogberg) equals 4.

4(difference) divided by 18(Englund) equals .22...%

Or, we can just do it now. But 25% sounds like a reasonable threshold to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad