Sens Board Forward Rankings 2013 (7th)

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Well, it ended up in a tie between Zbad and MacA. Let's see for the rest

Rank the Sens best forwards

Who is our best option? Who is likely to produce the most points this season considering everyone is healthy?

I know the 3 forward positions are mixed up in this poll but the depth chart in our view will still be decided by the results...

I'm not saying don't take all the intangibles in consideration but the biggest factor has to be offense and how they could contribute. If you have 2 guys that you think are equal offensively, then you look at all their other intangibles... The point is to find out the guys that will help us build the better team

Sens Board Forward Rankings 2013 :

1. Jason Spezza C 79.10%
2. Bobby Ryan W 83.78%
3. Kyle Turris C 51.43%
4. Milan Michalek W 40.95%
5. Clarke MacArthur W [URL="http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1473333] 50.72%[/URL]
5. Mika Zibanejad C [URL="http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1473333] 49.28%[/URL]

Last edited:

Punchbowl

Apr 4, 2010
Sorry if this has already been answered Xspyrit, but the poll question is, "Who's the 7th best Sens Forward?" and then in the OP it adds that, "...the biggest factor has to be offense and how they could contribute."

Personally, I don't think our most offensively talented forward is necessarily also our best forward. As an example, JOB may put up more points than Condra over a season but Condra is the better forward in my opinion.

So should we be voting according to who's the best forward (poll question) or who's the best forward offensively (OP question)?

We Want the Cup 2010

Jun 16, 2009
Neil, his roll with the team is indispensable

While I think Neil is one of our better forwards, the OP is asking for points which is going to put guys like Neil and Smith lower down on the list.

This is a category type poll, if the poll was grittiest or toughest forward then we'd see some interesting opinions after the first few spots.

If we're looking at our best or most effective forwards I would be voting for Neiler this round. So glad he is a sen, teams must hate to play against him.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I see there's some kind of debate going on.

Erik Condra is probably our best forward defensively, so the point is not to see Condra being voted over Jason Spezza or Bobby Ryan

The priority for forwards should be to score goals. If two forwards are close in what they could contribute offensively, then you take a look at their overall game. That's why I voted Turris over Michalek, both are good defensively but I think Turris impacts the game more...

Another example, Neil and Condra should put about the same number of points per 82 games, so in the end, who do think is more valuable and will impact the team the most to win games?

Not sure if it somewhat responds to the questioning? If others have suggestions or different ways to see it, go ahead

Last edited:

We Want the Cup 2010

Jun 16, 2009
I see there's some kind of debate going on.

Erik Condra is probably our best forward defensively, so the point is not to see Condra being voted over Jason Spezza or Bobby Ryan

The priority for forwards should be to score goals. If two forwards are close in what they could contribute offensively, then you take a look at their overall game. That's why I voted Turris over Michalek, both are good defensively but I think Turris impacts the game more...

Another example, Neil and Condra should put about the same number of points per 82 games, so in the end, who do think is more valuable and will impact the team the most to win games?

Not sure if it somewhat responds to the questioning? If others have suggestions or different ways to see it, go ahead

The confusion comes from the two criteria you listed instead of just one. The first question asks for our best forward and then right after asks a separate question, or separate criteria, (which is being missed by some) concerning the amount of offensive output.

If its solely offensive output or points scored that's perfectly fine, but should be made clear that is what the vote is on. The "best forward" statement is what makes it somewhat ambiguous. (For example Spezza would put up more points than Toews, but many would pick Toews as the "better player". Just need to emphasize points scored, perhaps in the heading or title.

KarlssonnSchultz

Feb 5, 2013
Ottawa
I think there are alot of players on this list who are better than Conacher.

But then I saw that technically the question is who will put up the most points, so my vote to Smith is useless.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
I think there are alot of players on this list who are better than Conacher.

But then I saw that technically the question is who will put up the most points, so my vote to Smith is useless.

What's the technicality ? Is it harder to find point producers or checkers ? This is why point producers get paid better they are harder to replace. Conacher by a country mile over Smith.

SenzZen

RIP, GOAT
Jan 31, 2011
Ottawa
Chose Conacher over Pags only because I'm positive CC will be on the team out of camp, whereas Pags will be the 1st call-up in all likelihood.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
The confusion comes from the two criteria you listed instead of just one. The first question asks for our best forward and then right after asks a separate question, or separate criteria, (which is being missed by some) concerning the amount of offensive output.

If its solely offensive output or points scored that's perfectly fine, but should be made clear that is what the vote is on. The "best forward" statement is what makes it somewhat ambiguous. (For example Spezza would put up more points than Toews, but many would pick Toews as the "better player". Just need to emphasize points scored, perhaps in the heading or title.

Ok I see... Do you have a suggestion of how exactly I should write that?

I know it's really ambiguous but I don't see another way that it wouldn't be

If I had to explain it another way :

Which forward should earn the most ice-time? Who should be paid the most? But even then, RFA vs UFA years makes it difficult to compare...

Who is poised to contribute the most offensively?

The "overall game" should be taken in consideration but only when you compare players of the same caliber offensively...

The ultimate point of those polls would be to make a list of Sens forwards in importance if you were speaking to a fan of another team (not a hardcore fan who knows all NHL players)

What's the technicality ? Is it harder to find point producers or checkers ? This is why point producers get paid better they are harder to replace. Conacher by a country mile over Smith.

Well, this.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2