Pre-Game Talk: Senators vs. Penguins | Game 3 | PIT leads 2-0 | 7:30pm start

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
Agreed. Winning is an altogether positive end which we should strive for with all of our strength and know-how.

Make it so.

I have hopes, neither too high nor too low, that Spezza will make a significant difference here. Our goose is not yet cooked.

pageaus tooth

Jul 14, 2011
WGS84 Zone 13N
Isn't it Galley that says you are never in trouble until you lose on home ice. Take it one game at a time and stay confident. We did not have our best efforts and we were very much still in both of those games.
I would think Gryba will be back in the lineup as will Spezza. Go Sens Go!

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
Be scared Penguins, HE'S COMING!

tumblr_m1geibKRHs1qcqqkzo1_500.gif

W8M1W.gif

spezza_jason.jpg

Stonewall

Jan 14, 2013
Despite what Pens fans say, the dead silence at their arena is unbearable. Let's change that!

Countdown0

Deep Breath... nope, still mad!
Jun 28, 2010
Ottawa
Sens DJ needs to play this ===> before the game, and when the intermissions are about to end. Get the epic feeling going on.

The Spez Dispenser is back. We aren't out of this series until the Pens win 4 games. Let's not make that easy for them. Let's break their hearts.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
I suggested that Ottawa will win this series in 6 games and I still believe it. I remember in 2007 when we ousted Pitts and then went on to the Stanley Cup final, I remember a few years later when they did the same to us. Ottawa is the underdog in this situation no doubt... but we have a team of players who have been doing this all year long without Spezza, Karlsson, Anderson or the like. It is time for everyone to step up, time for every Ottawa Senator to be a hero.

tehdee

Feb 4, 2008
when's the last series we came back from 0-2?!
not baiting--- genuinely curious.

Dana Scully

I want to believe.
Dec 3, 2005
Ottawa
Despite what Pens fans say, the dead silence at their arena is unbearable. Let's change that!

Seriously. The series is lacking intensity as it is. The dead quiet crowd makes it worse.

Glad we're coming home and get to listen to our crowd now. :)

Spez

Feb 14, 2013
The team has only come back to tie a series once when down 0-2 back in 2000 vs the leafs. Of course the next 2 games the team blew it by trying to trap instead of continuing to pressure the leafs. Jacques Martin and Tom Barraso cost the team that series.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Title in Series

People don't understand the importance Spezza brings because not only does he improve our PP tenfolds as well as our offense.

Spezza also draws their top defensive pairing to us. Turris can be able to DISECT the Engelland-Murray pairing and I'd throw Pageau's line against Orpik and Niskanen and watch the speed eat them alive.

Ottawa now has a real advantage of tearing apart the Pittsburgh defense and with Vokoun being shakey as it is, bury them. Pressuring their defense which leads to slower transitions and their forwards taking more energy helping their defense.

The home-ice advantage can enable us to destroy the 3rd pairing for Pitts and Spezza will be able to pay his dues against Letang's pairing who crumble against high pressured forwards using skill to beat them.

Milan the God*

Start giving Crosby facewashes and some jabs in the jaw. Seriously. This is hockey, he's out there playing, he should expect the same type of treatment any player gets.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: