BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
This doesn't make mathematical sense.

Your equation is E = M + CM + C

You should have written

EMika Zibanejad = mMark Stone x cChris Neil^2

Even then, I question if Mika is truly as great as Stone x Neil x Neil

This is why I am an artist... but I do like your equation and would argue that Mika = Energy haha.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Well we also need Michalek to stay healthy as well. It sounds like Latts is taking Michalek's spot tonight.

No Michalek really changes the line matching game. If Michalek is up there with Alfie, you gotta think Chara and Bergeron are going to be out there when given the chance. I'm thinking Julien will opt to get them out there more against Turris now :cry:

GrantLemons

Church of FYOUS
Feb 3, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Michalek's injury just screamed surgery right from the start. After awhile with little to no updates it became clear that was one of those "he needs surgery but it's not quite bad enough so he'll try to play through it".

So concerning though. How many knee surgeries can this guy have??

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
No Michalek really changes the line matching game. If Michalek is up there with Alfie, you gotta think Chara and Bergeron are going to be out there when given the chance. I'm thinking Julien will opt to get them out there more against Turris now :cry:

I think that Latts can help with regards to Michalek's loss. We are just having one of those kind of seasons.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010

I think it depends. If they're running a Lantendresse - Smith - Alfredsson line I think that the focus will still be there. Lats can'd replace Michalek, but he has great hands around the net and Alfredsson + Smith are great at getting the puck there.

We'll see.

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago
1297387218695_ORIGINAL.jpg

"I will break you."

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario
Michalek's injury just screamed surgery right from the start. After awhile with little to no updates it became clear that was one of those "he needs surgery but it's not quite bad enough so he'll try to play through it".

So concerning though. How many knee surgeries can this guy have??

Ask Bobby Orr. :nod:

Seriously though, given his history with the knee in question it probably needs to be cleaned up.

From the reports I read he didn't have pain, just swelling, so playing on it wasn't going to create more problems.

However if this is going to be a recurring theme then Michalek should just get the work done now.

Holdurbreathe

Jun 22, 2006
Ontario

MacLean gets last change so can protect Turris somewhat from bad matchups.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Hopefully Lats has been hitting the treadmill / stationary bikes hard since hes been out, but for some reason I doubt it haha

Oct 10, 2010
If Lats plays like he has all year when healthy, i don't even want him in the line up. He looked way out of shape.

source

Jul 13, 2008
MacLean on Latendresse: "...if he can last the game that'd be great."

:laugh:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I have a feeling that Lats could have been playing for a while, but the coach wanted him to get to a state where he could play at his best level before inserting him in the line-up again.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
^ If you're going to respond (assuming you're taking the nerd's side), then you need to be savvy and make that video work. (delete the "=")

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I have considerably soured on Michalek.

The guy looks like a great guy, his attitude strikes me as very positive and team-first mentality, he doesn't make a lot of mistakes and scores goals.

But his injury history is concerning to say the least, his play with the puck when he isn't shooting it is bad (I think it's from playing with Spezza because he has good vision but doesn't use it) and has been more than lackluster in the playoffs over his entire career.

He's part of core but I think we'd be better off either sticking him on the second line to manage his knees or ship him out because I don't like him as a first line player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad