Player Discussion Senators sign college free agent forward Max Veronneau

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Lazar never showed offensive creativity. He worked hard and tried to put pucks on net but I can't think of many times where he showed any sort of actual flash. Even that year with Condra he was basically just grinding and Condra was showing all the vision.

I could score playing with Hoffman and Stone. Hell Stone got Zack Smith 25 goals, like can you believe he scored 25 goals in one season, its mind boggling to think its possible when you watch him now. Lazar sucks, ive seen better hands on a clock.

Reactions: Cosmix and DJB

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Had a decent game against the Leafs.. a couple near misses. A couple nice setups that were not handled cleanly, got an apple, drew a penalty...

Reactions: Icelevel

Philadelphia Collins

May 31, 2011
Formenton-x-Veronneau would rule next year, just have the entire d practice lobbing the puck to the opposite blue line all summer for one of those two to get to first lol

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Formenton-x-Veronneau would rule next year, just have the entire d practice lobbing the puck to the opposite blue line all summer for one of those two to get to first lol
Maybe in 2020,
Paul-Brown-Batherson
Tkachuk-Norris-Abramov
Formenton-White-Veronneau

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Exactly my point. Scouts passed on him for a reason. Nothing special. Princeton is not a top college players producer, after the notable Hobey Baker )))

If the Senators get a bottom six winger for a free wallet then it is a great result.

alfstheman

Jul 2, 2009
Jesse Winchester too looked pretty good to start off his career.

Winchester never had a season over ppg in Uni. Was also not that amazing in first few seasons in Ottawa.

Veranneau has shown more skill in 2 games then Winchester ever did in Ottawa.

Winchester
SeasonTeamLgeGPGAPtsPIM+/-GPGAPtsPIM
2006-07Colgate UniversityECAC3716213752
2007-08Colgate UniversityECAC408293751
2007-08Ottawa SenatorsNHL100020----------
2008-09Ottawa SenatorsNHL7631518330----------
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Veranneau
2017-18Princeton UniversityECAC361738551223
2018-19Princeton UniversityECAC3113243720
2018-19Ottawa SenatorsNHL201100
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Seems like a good player so far.

Honest question, does he actually have an astrology exam coming up or are the reporters just idiots?
It would make sense if he had an astronomy exam coming up given what they said about him, but an astrology exam doesn't make any sense. Are there actually even courses on astrology at legitimate universities?

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

Honest question, does he actually have an astrology exam coming up or are the reporters just idiots?
It would make sense if he had an astronomy exam coming up given what they said about him, but an astrology exam doesn't make any sense. Are there actually even courses on astrology at legitimate universities?

I'm like 99% certain that ► PRINCETON ◄ does not offer an astrology class... at least as a sciences class. Maybe as part of a History class? Like a "History of Ancient Sciences" survey course? That would be a neat class: Astrology, Phrenology, etc... discussing the impacts they had in their time period.

I'm almost certain it must be astronomy.

Reactions: NB613 and RAFI BOMB

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
I'm like 99% certain that ► PRINCETON ◄ does not offer an astrology class... at least as a sciences class. Maybe as part of a History class? Like a "History of Ancient Sciences" survey course? That would be a neat class: Astrology, Phrenology, etc... discussing the impacts they had in their time period.

Maybe it's Astro Physics and our boy Max is like wicked smart.

He's out there playing 4D chess against opposing defences.

Reactions: BonkTastic

JessicaN

Sep 11, 2012

That sounds wrong, unless it is some kind of obscure elective.

Reactions: RAFI BOMB

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Maybe it's Astro Physics and our boy Max is like wicked smart.

You mean wicked smaht.;)

goodwillhunting.jpeg

Reactions: coladin

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
That sounds wrong, unless it is some kind of obscure elective.

Well Brent Wallace said it first and my initial thought was that he misspoke. But then last game a 2nd commentator said it again and then I looked it up and somebody mentioned it in an article. I figured either none of them are connecting the dots that it is astronomy or somehow Princeton offers an astrology course.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016

I laughed when Brent Wallace said it and then last game when another commentator said it I was confused. I guess both don't know the difference between astrology and astronomy.

But yeah, even as an elective it would only be offered in a course like the one you mentioned. It is kind of funny to imagine that a university like Princeton would actually offer an astrology course. That students could actually get credits for taking it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad