Confirmed with Link: Senators sign Anthony Duclair (1 year, $1.65 million)

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I'd easily give him the contract Dzingel ended up signing for, but maybe that ship has sailed.

This is a really interesting one because on the one hand the guys been nothing but great since getting here, on the other he has a history taking the foot off the gas and/or being difficult to play with. Going 4-5 years still seems like overkill to me, but there's probably not a wrong answer here.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
He's an incredible GM.

If what you mean by incredible is not credible. I agree as well.

"The in- prefix in incredible did initially imply "not," as the original definition of incredible was "too extraordinary to be believed," thus "not credible." However, over time the meaning of incredible weakened and is now taken to mean "amazing." This is similar to the weakening of the word unbelievable."

I'd go along with "too brutal to be believed" like "extraordinarily brutal" .. I am often amazed at what he says so there is that. e.g. "Greatest Day"

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Duclair was a great buy-low pickup by Dorion.

Was basically a throw-in and has turned into a valuable piece that we should make a part of our plans going forward.

Reactions: DrEasy and OD99

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Bure was a breakaway artist, who was patrolling the boards and center-line area for quick takeaways. Speed just a nickle better then Duclair's. But that's were comparisons would stop. Bure had a booming one-timer, slap shot and wrist shot. Arsenal of decking skills to fool goalies and players. I still remember Felix Potvin would scream in French, forgetting English...........attention, attention Bure!!!

Thanks pal, I said plays like. I am familiar with Bure. Duclair has alot of those traits clearly not the same level of player.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
The dude is great! Imagine what he can do if he keeps playing this hard and more importantly have better line-mates. L. Brown does look like a good fit with him, once he gets more comfortable in the NHL

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Thanks pal, I said plays like. I am familiar with Bure. Duclair has alot of those traits clearly not the same level of player.

Funny because Bure maybe the best open ice player (besides Mario) in NHL history, but last night it did cross my mind that I haven’t seen a guy score a couple of goals like that in a long time.

Fan of Duke, saw him play in the playoffs vs Chabot in jr and he was a threat every time he touched the puck, and what a treat to watch, such hunger to get the puck on the goalie, he’s got a love for scoring that you don’t see very often

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad