Growlers

Go Growlers!
Dec 9, 2017
cut.JPG

Senators reach affiliation agreement with ECHL's Atlanta Gladiators

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
So Ottawa loses Brampton and affiliates with Atlanta, who was affiliated with the Bruins.

The Bruins affiliates with Maine, who was affiliated with the Rangers.

The Rangers affiliates with Jacksonville, who was affiliated with the Jets.

The Jets..... still have to name an affiliate, unless they go without one this year. Maybe they'll go with the Allen Americans, who was affiliated with the Wild, but are now affiliated with the Heartlanders. So that would leave the Allen Americans without an NHL/AHL affiliate.

royals119

Jun 12, 2006
West Lawn, PA
Is this The 7 Degrees of Hockey? :huh:
I think with hockey players at least, and probably also true for teams depending on how you play the game, you could play 2 degree of separation.

Every time I have picked up a player at the airport after a trade they will ask who is on the roster. When I list them off it is always "oh, I played with him in juniors", "that guy was on my cousin's pee wee team", "we were in NHL camp together two years ago", "I fought him last year when he was with Toledo and I was in Kalamazoo", etc.

Reactions: JMCx4

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
... Every time I have picked up a player at the airport after a trade ...
So if I fly into Reading to take in a few games, can I hitch a ride with you? I'll warn you, though - I may have some separation anxiety. ;)

royals119

Jun 12, 2006
West Lawn, PA
So if I fly into Reading to take in a few games, can I hitch a ride with you? I'll warn you, though - I may have some separation anxiety. ;)
Reading has an airport, but no commercial flights. Only freight and charters fly out of the local airport.

Philly, Allentown and Harrisburg are each about an hour to an hour and a half away. In the "old days" it would cost the team hundreds of dollars for a taxi or car service to get players to and from the airport. The booster club would do it for free. Nowadays, with Uber, Lyft, etc it is probably only a $60-100 trip, so they don't ask us as often anymore. Plus with the affiliation with the Flyers and Phantoms, players don't need to fly nearly as often. We do still help out visiting teams now and then though, when they have a player called up on game day, so if the visitors have a player going out when you are coming it, it is possible.

Seriously though, if you are going to come and see some games definitely let me know. I can at the very least get you some game tickets, and recommendations for hotels and restaurants.

Reactions: Atlantian and JMCx4

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad