GDT: Senators @ Rangers | Enter #6, Jakob Chychrun Edition | Thu Mar 2 2023, 7PM | TSN5, RDS

StoicSensFan

ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Feb 6, 2014
Cantley
Expensive watch is just the beginning, then you need the wardrobe to support it.

I respect the expensive coffee maker, but where do you get your beans?

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
My phone tells time pretty good
Is your phone swiss made ?

I think something people are not taking into account with expensive watches is that they can be a good investment, unlike buying an expensive car or expensive coffee machine like some people. Watches can retain and go up in value.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

I think something people are not taking into account with expensive watches is that they can be a good investment, unlike buying an expensive car or expensive coffee machine like some people. Watches can retain and go up in value.
I guess, but the fact they go up in value is purely a function of demand, which is the part that doesn't make sense to me.

It's not like they tell time better as they age...

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012

There's a lot of parts in it I'm sure one of them came out of Switzerland.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary

Only if you don't wear them.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown
I really don't get the appeal of crazy expensive watches... Like, even 4 figures for a watch seems insane to me... Then again I do have an embarrassingly expensive coffee maker (not 36k like that damn watch but still more than I'd like to admit), so different strokes for different folks I guess.

You can appreciate something but not buy it. Now that I wear my smart watch almost exclusively I rarely look at watches or are tempted by them.

I'm guessing you must also have a rather expensive coffee grinder to go with that coffee maker?

Assen na yo!

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
You can appreciate something but not buy it. Now that I wear my smart watch almost exclusively I rarely look at watches or are tempted by them.
Sure I guess, I can appreciate a really nice watch but I don't really wear watches anymore...

I'm guessing you must also have a rather expensive coffee grinder to go with that coffee maker?

Assen na yo!
The machine is fully automatic so it grinds the beans and pours the coffee, and froths the milk if you want a capucino.

Reactions: DrEasy and 2CHAINZ

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
I guess, but the fact they go up in value is purely a function of demand, which is the part that doesn't make sense to me.

It's not like they tell time better as they age...
No you're right it comes down to brand, how many were made, etc. I am just saying it's not like buying a car where the value of your watch will goto 0 over time. Some watches will be a great investment, and some will retain some sort of value in the future so its not like if you spend 50k on watch that 50k is lost forever. That's all I meant.

Also I really want one of those coffee machines. Where do I get one ?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
No you're right it comes down to brand, how many were made, etc. I am just saying it's not like buying a car where the value of your watch will goto 0 over time. Some watches will be a great investment, and some will retain some sort of value in the future so its not like if you spend 50k on watch that 50k is lost forever. That's all I meant.
Yeah, I get what you meant, but bored ape NFTs went up in value too but I sure as shit don't get why people buy those either ...

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Yeah, I get what you meant, but bored ape NFTs went up in value too but I sure as shit don't get why people buy those either ...
Lol I'm the biggest bitcoin fan you'll meet even I have no clue why nfts did what they did, they make no sense to me. Watches are definitely different than nfts. High end watch brands will always have resale value, they won't always go up but they certainly won't goto 0.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Breville auto steeping tea maker for the win!

Rarely drink coffee, and don’t ware a watch unless I’m working out or want to track my sleep….

So that’s my contribution to cool things :)

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
I just have a 10 cup Bunn ThermoBrew. Get a full pot in under 2 minutes - which is great when you average 8-16 a day.

Always locally roasted Arabica Colombian beans though. I’ve tried it all but always come crawling back.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Expensive watch is just the beginning, then you need the wardrobe to support it.

I respect the expensive coffee maker, but where do you get your beans?
shane-pinto-2023-54.jpg

• Love
Reactions: StoicSensFan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad