GDT: Senators @ Oilers | March 8th, 7 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
I'm stuck in an Airbnb and the Wi-Fi is Lucic-levels of slow. Can't even upload a Gif right now. :(

The solution? More sad sketches!

. . .

The following is a true quote (source):

""My favorite player is Connor McDavid, for sure... as a German guy, I need to go with Leon [Draisaitl], too. He's doing great and definitely a guy I look up to."

— Tim Stutzle, when asked about his favourite NHL player​

2b1caa5d-5840-4ea0-b89f-e3829450aa43.sketchpad (1).jpeg

2b1caa5d-5840-4ea0-b89f-e3829450aa43.sketchpad.jpeg

And because I can't upload a Gif...

2b1caa5d-5840-4ea0-b89f-e3829450aa43.sketchpad (2).jpeg

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I like the artwork. It has that preschool caveman quality to it..heh.

I'd like to see somebody do a GDT on an Etch a Sketch sometime, anybody remember those?

Interesting quote from Stutzle, maybe Drai hammers him into the boards one more time just in a show of affection. heh.

jk I like Stutzle all day. German hockey sure is on an upswing.

Still can't get over the BRUTAL even up call yesterday in OT. I mean WTF. Stutzle hauled down on a break, but Ratboy swoops in on the action and calls it a dive. Officials agree with Rat interpretation, call it embellishment. In a game in which the Flames had 7-2 PP advantage as the dirtiest team in the division it defies description. League trolling.

Debbie Mathers

Jul 5, 2018
Germans laughing? That seems out of character.
Come on, man. Most Germans have a laugh at least once a year!

I'm an untypical German, I have a laugh about five times a day because my wife is just hilarious.

When I watch the Oilers in the morning (not live, that would be too early), she usually pops in around 6.30am and has a look what I am doing. She watches the hockey for around 10 seconds, doesn't see much because her eyesight is bad and her glasses are not strong enough for some reason, and then she invariably says: "I can't even see the ball!"
Has me in stiches every single time.

The other day, I came into the kitchen at around 7.30am with a massive smile on my face because the Oil had won, and she said: "Have they won?" I kind of suspected that she had forgotten the name of my team, so I replied: "Who do you mean?" She started thinking, and after a while, to my surprise, she said: "The Oilers!" So I said: "Where are they from?" And she went into a deep think again, and finally she said: "It's gotta be two syllables. The Hmm-hmm Oilers or something like that." Since that day, I am a proud supporter of the Hmm-hmm Oilers.

My daughter comes after my wife. When I was watching the play-in series - that was in the afternoon - she came in and joined me watching. At the top left of the screen it said EDM 0 CHI 0. She knew that EDM stands for Edmonton, and after a while, she asked me: "Daddy, are they playing against China today?"

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Come on, man. Most Germans have a laugh at least once a year!

I'm an untypical German, I have a laugh about five times a day because my wife is just hilarious.

When I watch the Oilers in the morning (not live, that would be too early), she usually pops in around 6.30am and has a look what I am doing. She watches the hockey for around 10 seconds, doesn't see much because her eyesight is bad and her glasses are not strong enough for some reason, and then she invariably says: "I can't even see the ball!"
Has me in stiches every single time.

The other day, I came into the kitchen at around 7.30am with a massive smile on my face because the Oil had won, and she said: "Have they won?" I kind of suspected that she had forgot the name of my team, so I replied: "Who do you mean?" She started thinking, and after a while, to my surprise, she said: "The Oilers!" So I said: "Where are they from?" And she went into a deep think again, and finally she said: "It's gotta be two syllables. The Hmm-hmm Oilers or something like that." Since that day, I am a proud supporter of the Hmm-hmm Oilers.

My daughter comes after my wife. When I was watching the play-in series, she came in and joined me watching. At the top left of the screen it said EDM 0 CHI 0. She knew that EDM stands for Edmonton, and after a while, she asked me: "Daddy, are they playing against China today?"
blink twice if you need help.

jk.

Go oilers go.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Back to the 1 line team thing eh. Should be fine against Ottawa at least. If it's not though...oh boy.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
I like the artwork. It has that preschool caveman quality to it..heh.

I'd like to see somebody do a GDT on an Etch a Sketch sometime, anybody remember those?

Interesting quote from Stutzle, maybe Drai hammers him into the boards one more time just in a show of affection. heh.

jk I like Stutzle all day. German hockey sure is on an upswing.

Still can't get over the BRUTAL even up call yesterday in OT. I mean WTF. Stutzle hauled down on a break, but Ratboy swoops in on the action and calls it a dive. Officials agree with Rat interpretation, call it embellishment. In a game in which the Flames had 7-2 PP advantage as the dirtiest team in the division it defies description. League trolling.

You just need a couple more studs to emerge to round out what could be a very dangerous national team.
Drai, Stutzle and Seider are a dangerous trio

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
I'd like to see the team improve on what they started in back half of the Calgary game. Sens are a better team than the flames right now, so we can't take them lightly. Not sure if it's confirmed that Daccord starts for the Sens, but if so, pepper him with shots. No prisoners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad