TSN: Senators lose 1st round pick in '24, '25 or '26 as penalty for Dadonov fiasco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razor Face

Feb 17, 2020
Seems crazy harsh to do this after 2 years. Fine dorion and forfeit a mid round pick sure but a first is crazy imo

Reactions: DrEasy

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
I guess having the option for one of the three years makes it a bit better, but still f***ing atrocious.

Also Martian basically hinted that Chiarelli is the next GM (or at least coming in) after Dorion gets fired. So that should be fun.

JackieDaytona

regular human hockey fan.
Oct 21, 2007
Wow. That seems harsh for something that happened 2 years ago and that the league already said no penalty previously. Oh well, hire clowns expect a circus.

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
Didn’t Friedman say that when the nhl provides their announcement, it will be crystal clear why the senators are being punished (juxtaposed against the pinto announcement which was super vague).

This one is just as vague

The National Hockey League today announced that the Ottawa Senators will forfeit a first-round draft pick for their role in the July 2021 trade of Player Evgenii Dadonov from the Senators to the Vegas Golden Knights and the subsequent, invalidated March 2022 Dadonov trade between the Golden Knights and the Anaheim Ducks.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Screenshot_20231024_211212.jpg

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Wow, was really hoping this wasn’t the case.

It looks like they have narrowed it down to PD getting it wrong here while rolling solo.

Its time to drop the axe. The reasoning doesn’t get any clearer or better here.

LatteLarrys

LatteLarry's
Dec 27, 2013
The rumor about Dorion being on “extremely shaky ground” may have meant that his job hinges on the ultimate outcome. Sens tried pushing on the penalty per Friedman’s accounts the other day. Obviously this is worst case scenario, so I expect Dorion’s canned

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
The rumor about Dorion being on “extremely shaky ground” may have meant that his job hinges on the ultimate outcome. Sens tried pushing on the penalty per Friedman’s accounts the other day. Obviously this is worst case scenario, so I expect Dorion’s canned
Do we want Chiarelli though? Can we just end the sport of hockey instead?

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Cost the team a first round pick for something this f***ing stupid, get your ass fired for it.

That said, I can't believe this is the punishment the league has decided is appropriate. Sexually assault someone and have your team cover it up? A fine equalling less than 1% of revenue. Whatever Dorion did in this case? Lose a first round pick. That's nuts, man.

Reactions: roccerfeller
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad