Low Effort GDT Senators @ Canucks - 10PM EST - TSN5/RDS - Battle of the basement. PART 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Whoa man. What are Gudbranson, J. Brown, Anisimov, Stepan, etc making happen?

Batherson has been eons better than all of these players. If he's the one to take the fall the this organization is beyond dysfunctional.
I think Batherson should be held to a higher standard than those guys, since he's counted on as a top line player. Obviously Anisimov and Co. will come out of the lineup before Drake, but if I'm coach, I'm looking for smarter plays and more consistency from Batherson, and if he's not going to deliver on that, then it's time to maybe move him down the lineup, and try some other guys there instead.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
No participation awards in the NHL. Make things happen or don't. There's no "try". Look at Paul, Tierney and Brown, they didn't "try" to make things happen, they just did.

Nah, I'm saying he's making things happen but it just hasn't worked out.

If we follow your logic might as well scratch drop pass Tkachuk too. He hasn't been better or more noticeable than Batherson at all.

And if you want to talk about participation award, then we wouldn't have enough players to play the next game. Batherson is not the one that should be out of the lineup thats clear as day.

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
So....

Stepan -4
Reilly -3
Zaitsev -3 :(
Stutzle -4 :(

Chabot leading in time on ice with 22 minutes and only a -1 in a 7-1 loss is probably pretty commendable actually. Yes, I know that 2nd goal was mostly his fault.

How the hell was Paul a +1????

JimmySpaetzle

May 16, 2014
So....

Stepan -4
Reilly -3
Zaitsev -3 :(
Stutzle -4 :(

Chabot leading in time on ice with 22 minutes and only a -1 in a 7-1 loss is probably pretty commendable actually. Yes, I know that 2nd goal was mostly his fault.

How the hell was Paul a +1????

Paul is Mark Stone 2.0 :nod:

Reactions: Alex1234

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Nah, I'm saying he's making things happen but it just hasn't worked out.

If we follow your logic might as well scratch drop pass Tkachuk too.
Tkachuk at the very least has earned a talking to about his drop passes. He's probably been the player on the team who's been the dumbest with the puck on his stick all season.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
I think Batherson should be held to a higher standard than those guys, since he's counted on as a top line player. Obviously Anisimov and Co. will come out of the lineup before Drake, but if I'm coach, I'm looking for smarter plays and more consistency from Batherson, and if he's not going to deliver on that, then it's time to maybe move him down the lineup, and try some other guys there instead.

And Tkachuk is held to an even higher standard than Drake. When he fails to meet that standard should he be on chopping block too?

Why not simplify things and get rid of the bad players and keep the good ones? Then go from there.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Tkachuk at the very least has earned a talking to about his drop passes. He's probably been the player on the team who's been the dumbest with the puck on his stick all season.

So scratch him is what you're implying here? Like you said about Batherson.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Isn't Paquette on IR?
He is injured but I don't know if he has officially been put on IR. They did that retroactively with Stützle and it was reported that to be placed on IR takes the player out for 7 days. I don't know if Paquette is injured significantly enough for them to not want to have access to him for 7 days.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Galchenyuk should stay in. He looked much better this game and was competing a lot harder. He was also what was making the 2nd power play unit work. In my opinion he earned more games.
And let’s not forget he destroyed some Canuck behind the net and set up anisimov for a point blank chance. You would think Smith took notice of that but then he was missing every other shift for the rest of the game lol

Reactions: RAFI BOMB

DavePoulin4PM

2x NHL all star, Selke winner, NHL exec
Nov 6, 2017
Imagine being Logan Brown, told you don't make the team, then you watch Stepan and Anisimov every night.

Logan Brown is not and never will be an NHL player. He’s a massive bust, but he should’ve never been picked there in the first place. Every GM has bad picks. Brown was a horrible one. It’s ok to admit it... it happens to literally every team and GM at some point.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
My point is most of you guys answered my question, It seems fans can't interact between each other on this site, and one or two clowns started insulting me or say Habs fans are losers. Don't worry I don't need to come over to make fun of the Sens, unfortunately they pretty much did it by themselves tonight.

It's against site rules:
Terms of Service and Rules | HFBoards - NHL Message Board and Forum for National Hockey League

2) Trolling: Do not make posts that could be interpreted as though they were made to cause an argument or provoke others. Making generalizations about other posters is a common form of trolling. Posting questionable content on team boards, particularly those of rivals, is likely to be seen as trolling.
Make a thread in the main boards, or at the very least in the Galchenyuk thread of this board. Don't start gloating about your former players not performing well in the PGT of a team that just lost 7-1, and calling people losers.

Reactions: Varcus

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Wouldn’t be shocked to see Galchenyuk and Reilly waived, TBH. I doubt either are claimed, so we’d have access to them in short order. To be fair, I don’t give a f*** if Reilly gets plucked though. But as mentioned, I doubt he is.
I would be pretty disappointed if they waived Galchenyuk. He has performed better than Anisimov and Stepan so far and he brings an element to the lineup that we don't have a lot of. He has shown enough flashes and enough little improvements to get some more games to ty to get his game going.

As for Reilly, yeah I would waive him. He certainly shouldn't be a regular within the top six.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Logan Brown is not and never will be an NHL player. He’s a massive bust, but he should’ve never been picked there in the first place. Every GM has bad picks. Brown was a horrible one. It’s ok to admit it... it happens to literally every team and GM at some point.

Gonna book mark this post for when Logan Brown is tearing it up

Reactions: JaredCowen4Norris

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Sure, but I'd rather watch him and confirm he's a bust than watch Stepan and Anisimov do whatever they're doing.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
And Tkachuk is held to an even higher standard than Drake. When he fails to meet that standard should he be on chopping block too?

Why not simplify things and get rid of the bad players and keep the good ones? Then go from there.
I agree, but Tkachuk and Batherson need to do a better job of joining "the good ones". So far this season, I wouldn't say they've been good players. All I'm saying is that your team lives and dies with it's top players, if they're not playing well, the team isn't going to play well. It's not a coincidence our one win this season came in a game where Chabot and Tkachuk and Batherson were firing on all cylinders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad