GDT: Senators at Wings - December 31, 7:00

Status
Not open for further replies.

RED WINGS STOMP

Nov 28, 2022
This is where I think the Wings are hesitant to break Mo and Chia up. They don’t want to bump either one down to the third pair as that show some bad optics for putting the two of them together in the first place.

Rip the band aid off, put one of them on the third pair with Oesterle. I like the idea of Seider and Walman on the first pair.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
This is where I think the Wings are hesitant to break Mo and Chia up. They don’t want to bump either one down to the third pair as that show some bad optics for putting the two of them together in the first place.

Rip the band aid off, put one of them on the third pair with Oesterle. I like the idea of Seider and Walman on the first pair.
Nothing better for avoiding looking bad for a decision than doubling down...

Geezer WC

Standing room
Jan 29, 2022
Demote Seider the third pairing and give him Edvinsson to play with.
Demote Raymond to fourth line, put him with Veleno and Berggren.
Ottawa just like Buffalo has bright future, will be very hard game

Ed is not playing more than 9 games in the NHL this year. Same as McTavish last year.

Oct 18, 2006
Yeah, Seider and Chiarot really need to be broken up. It’s a really bad pairing.

I wonder if Berggren will continue on line 2, or if the kids will be back together. Kubalik on line 4 would be okay and Berggren deserves more ice-time but hate to ruin a good thing.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Oh great so now Hronek’s season is going to crater. Can we at least put Chiarot with Oesterle, who already sucks?

haulinbass

Mar 6, 2014
Glad to see Berggren up on 2nd line with Raymond. Not sure how you justify not getting him on a PP unit though.

Berggrens anticipation could really help our units. Last game he made two really great plays that led to a goal and a dangerous chance. He made quick reads on where the puck was going to end up and got to the puck with an extra step or two over the opposition. They were lighting fast reads and reactions. To me those little things make the difference between an OK and good/great player.

I'm really impressed with this kid and within a couple seasons I expect he may be one of our top wingers if not our best.

He's going to face some harder matchups tonight so it will be interesting to see where he currently stands with his development. Hopefully he can create some time and space for Raymond to do what he can do. I think Berggren is currently the best active player to make the most of Copp. I'm not a fan of Copp, but the reality is he is in a tough situation, he's not a playmaker and not a big puck carrier, unfortunately we don't have many wingers that can offer that type of support and the ones we do have been injured almost all season.

Would love to see Veleno have another big night on the 3rd line as well. Get these young guys enough confidence and momentum going and who knows how far they could run with it.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
Yeah, Seider and Chiarot really need to be broken up. It’s a really bad pairing.

I wonder if Berggren will continue on line 2, or if the kids will be back together. Kubalik on line 4 would be okay and Berggren deserves more ice-time but hate to ruin a good thing.

I think Raymond needs Berggren right now. They have chemistry together, and Raymond seems to be having a tough time carrying the play this year. Berggren can do that and it maybe gives them something to build on.

I like Kubalik - Veleno - Soderblom, And would like to see how they play together on a consistent basis.

I don’t think Copp has a place on this team long term. He just seems a step slower and behind the play all the time. I know he’s signed for 5 years but I would be surprised if he makes it through year 3 if this keeps up.

Reactions: lilidk

Barry Amsterdam

Nättias Dänielstrom
Apr 2, 2013
I think Raymond needs Berggren right now. They have chemistry together, and Raymond seems to be having a tough time carrying the play this year. Berggren can do that and it maybe gives them something to build on.

I like Kubalik - Veleno - Soderblom, And would like to see how they play together on a consistent basis.

I don’t think Copp has a place on this team long term. He just seems a step slower and behind the play all the time. I know he’s signed for 5 years but I would be surprised if he makes it through year 3 if this keeps up.
no changing your opinion on copp. You made your bed now you lie in it

MabusIncarnate

May 20, 2013
Tennessee
I want to see this Walman Seider experiment last for a few games, not a period and we see Ben back with him by the 2nd.

I think keeping them apart and finding a partner for Mo that is gonna pass to him and not jump into the play as much is going to be pretty vital.

I pick we beat Ottawa tonight 5-2, LGW!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad