GDT: Senators at Bruins @7pm TD Garden

Sensrule

Aug 30, 2007
Only thing to look forward to for the rest of the season is if we can keep our win streak going against the Habs.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
6 goals, on 26 shots…. Thought J Martin had the team playing better defensively?

LuckyPierre

Jul 1, 2010
6 goals, on 26 shots…. Thought J Martin had the team playing better defensively?
He did until the end of the second, again. Two games in a row. There was an extended time frame where Boston couldn’t muster a shot and it looked like Ottawa had all the momentum.

The problem with activating the Ostapchuks and Katchouks of the world when we lose a Tarasenko and Norris level talent is that Coach Martin will lean too heavily on our top forwards as a result. They get fatigued and start skating uphill as the game wears on, and our minor league depth is incapable of playing up to the level of a Boston or Carolina.

This roster stinks.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
What did Brady get the 10 for? I tuned out.
He wanted to fight some guy on the Bruins bench with whom he had a brief, fairly unremarkable run in a few seconds earlier. Honestly, I didn't blame the ref for this one - Brady was acting out of frustration, and challenging some dude who is on the bench isn't going to end well for anyone.

Reactions: lang006

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Bet we could get Jaros for cheap
He’s a free agent in 2025-26, so I guess we are not talking about the free agency route.

I’d think Nashville will want at least one good asset in a trade, and that asset would give us some discomfort to lose.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
He did until the end of the second, again. Two games in a row. There was an extended time frame where Boston couldn’t muster a shot and it looked like Ottawa had all the momentum.

The problem with activating the Ostapchuks and Katchouks of the world when we lose a Tarasenko and Norris level talent is that Coach Martin will lean too heavily on our top forwards as a result. They get fatigued and start skating uphill as the game wears on, and our minor league depth is incapable of playing up to the level of a Boston or Carolina.

This roster stinks.
Well you just talked about how it lost two key players. It can’t stink that bad

They only gave up 26 shots?!

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
What did Brady get the 10 for? I tuned out.

Lmao literally ignored the play to challenge a guy on the bench to come back on the ice and fight him.

Almost like Tucker without actually jumping into the bench.

I bet the whole Bruins team was laughing at Tkachuk after that lol

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Only thing to look forward to for the rest of the season is if we can keep our win streak going against the Habs.
The only things I am looking forward to are the entry draft and FA day; I would rather lose all remaining games to get higher draft picks.

Reactions: LiseL

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I don't hate small d men. Quinn Hughes is my favorite player in the league to watch. I don't like players that are easy to play against. Like Kubalik, why is he playing? He can't compete or is unwilling to. I'd rather see them call someone up that may have a future here.
I think the budget is a factor here. There is not much sense in spending more $$$ when the season is lost; might as well keep costs down and save $$$ for next season. That's the only rationale I can think of.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
Disappointing performance all-round. It seems that Boston was on cruise control and knew how and when to win

So many defensive and mental breakdowns throughout the game, as it is in every game, especially vs good Teams

Reactions: Cosmix

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
No one who likes Brannstrom has ever been under the immpression he's anywhere near Hughe's level lol. What he does excel at though is being very reliable on the third pairing and can move up and look just as good for good amounts of time.
Brannstrom is not THE PROBLEM with this team; he is paid $2M as a bottom pair D man.

We are currently down 2 top 6 Fs with an "interim" coaching staff, an inexperienced NHL POHO/GM, a roster developed by a moron former DM, and a team that has not had an intelligent competent experienced successful head coach for many years.

We need a top 4 RD; Brannstrom is not that but he is not as big, physical or tough as I would like to have on D.

Ha. Yeah. That’s Boston’s record against us :)
Read it again. Losses went down when they should have stayed at 3.

Ha. Yeah. That’s Boston’s record against us :)
Read it again. Losses went down when they should have stayed at 3.
Boston are puck hounds...no time...no space...make you cough up the puck constantly
Plus Boston plays a solid defensive game in all 3 zones, covers their man in the D zone, has solid competent coaching and a team that was built by a competent GM and management. We are missing a lot.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Good morning, everyone. Many of you know me a little bit, so you know I have a soft spot for the Sens and come here with good intentions.

There is nothing I can say about the Senators that you haven't said yourselves, so I'll keep this short. I'm looking forward to the day when the Senators are contending for the Stanley Cup, and I'd love to see them win it all. Keep the faith. I'm hoping the new ownership will get it turned around sooner rather than later.

Good luck, guys and gals. See you in a few weeks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad