Semin?

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
We're kinda being held hostage by Semin, in a way.

If he comes over, the odds of us signing any front line help goes out the door...if he doesnt come over the Caps might very well dip into the UFA pool go get another offensive threat. Maybe. We're still not 100% sure how much the Caps are going to spend this off season.

Im on the fence when it comes to Semin. A part of me says to hell with him and either trade him or let him stay overseas...the other half wonders how sweet would it be to have AO and Semin out there on the PP. Semin has all the talent...just needs to want to be here.

Biscuit Bullet

Feb 28, 2002
Washington DC
Visit site
I have no doubt that he wants to be playing for the caps. He has been forced into playing for a team in the RSL he has no loyalty towards, and his numbers have suffered. He clearly has more talent than his numbers show, and his poor production could easy be telling us that he´s playing somewhere he´d rather not be.

I think people generally make too much of the language issue as well. Our two best forwards speak perfect Russian. How could he not want to come over and play with Alex Ovechkin? Semin will be allowed to shine without being in the spotlight--definitely an ideal situation.

Sammy*

Look to who his agent is & you know that he will & would have come over (given that he already had a contract) if the Caps had given him what he wants. Caps, thank god, didnt respond too well to the extortion attempt & hopefully Semin & Gandler learned their lesson & will honor the contract he already signed with the Caps.
In other words, knowing (in a media informed way) Gandler & the clients he represents, the answer is, who knows.

PSUhockey34

Jun 22, 2003
Austin,TX
jimmyboehiem said:
I think it's in the Caps best interest to trade his rights away if they can get decent value in return.

yeah b/c I'm sure any team is going to bite at the chance to get a player who the whole reason why he's being traded is b/c he doesnt want to come over

The Capitals arent trading Semin, McPhee has already said he plans to have him in the lineup next season

If he would be traded, it would be the same type of return as when Nashville traded Petr Sykora to the Caps and that was for an average prospect, I think it was Mike Farrell

strungout

Professional Killer
Jul 1, 2002
North Carolina
PSUhockey34 said:
If he would be traded, it would be the same type of return as when Nashville traded Petr Sykora to the Caps and that was for an average prospect, I think it was Mike Farrell
It was a third round draft pick that Sykora was traded for.

Farrell was traded for Alexander Riazantsev.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad