GDT: Semifinal - May 19 - Sweden vs USA

Pieck

Dec 13, 2017
BC
I think these are the two strongest teams in the tournament.

Sweden wins 4-3 in OT.

PTmbp13

Jan 21, 2007
USA is good, not many divers, they try to play hockey. This should be a great game! No Bob Hartley.

PTmbp13

Jan 21, 2007
Sweden will stand no chance if they continue with the penalties. Will probably be a massive amount of Swedes in the stands which hopefully will work in their favor.
Danish ppl bought tickets way in before hand? Could be pretty empty arena?

Some stupid penalties but many of them come from opponents weak players fall on their own, c´mon, they had Latvia for example in their group. Chechs and Slovaks (invented diving) sorry but true...

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
Danish ppl bought tickets way in before hand? Could be pretty empty arena?

Some stupid penalties but many of them come from opponents weak players fall on their own, c´mon, they had Latvia for example in their group. Chechs and Slovaks (invented diving) sorry but true...
Danish people bought tickets for semi final? Are they stupid? No chance they go to a semi.

Reactions: Retroglyphs

Snauen

Dec 27, 2017
Danish people bought tickets for semi final? Are they stupid? No chance they go to a semi.
Your're beeing ignorant, maybe they want to se live elite hockey when its possible for them? They might even cheer för Sweden if people like u stop beeing ignorant

Reactions: Frannel

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
Your're beeing ignorant, maybe they want to se live elite hockey when its possible for them? They might even cheer för Sweden if people like u stop beeing ignorant
No whats ignorant is that swediah fans have no chance getting tickets to see their team.

Snauen

Dec 27, 2017
No whats ignorant is that swediah fans have no chance getting tickets to see their team.
Its held in Denmark, unless it is an organized thing from them to rip off stupid Swedish fans on the black market they can do what they want whit that

DDRhockey

Hockeyfan since 1986
Oct 11, 2017
Its held in Denmark, unless it is an organized thing from them to rip off stupid Swedish fans on the black market they can do what they want whit that
Without the swedish fans this whc isnt a success. They even admitted that

Edit: your spelling is terrible

Last edited:
Reactions: PTmbp13

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
This will be a tough game for both teams, that's for sure. US have the bigger star(s) on offense and sure, their offense is deep, but so should Sweden's offense also be, at least on paper. All in all, still an edge to US, Sweden has no one like Kane in the lineup. On defense, Sweden is clearly better, it's not even close. In net, both teams play with NHL backups.

Some say Sweden will lose, since they struggled with Latvia. Well, the US isn't Latvia, it takes two to dance to create a fun hockey game and both these teams want to dance. I suspect this will be a close game.

Reactions: PTmbp13

Mauler

Dec 19, 2015
I dont have a good feeling ahead of this match for Sweden they better get things together today i want to see better decision making and faster play and more aggression from the players than they have showed so far this tournament

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Hate to say it since USA mens have never won a WC or Olympic gold while I've been alive but I think Sweden crushes USA today.

PTmbp13

Jan 21, 2007
there are maybe drunk fans but not stupid, if sober that is... hehhe

fredligh

Jan 3, 2011
Iceland
Sweden got a much stronger team. Maybe the strongest ever. 5 out of 6 defenders is top NHL defenders, 3 forward lines out of 4 arguebly NHL top line potential. Hope Grönborg doesnt f*** this up.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Sweden is typically my #2 team in international competition but I’m actually rooting for the US to reward them for sending over a competitive team.

Plus, Colin White on the first line?

Not good enough to play on the Senators but good enough to center Patrick Kane.

Are you watching this Dorion and Boucher? ;)

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Holy that Swedish coach has almost zero accent.

It always amazes me how they speak English so easily whereas players and coaches from virtually every other European nation can’t shake the accent.

Is it that much more taught in schools? Are the sounds more similar?

Last edited:

JimboA

Dec 9, 2012
Sweden
Holy that Swedish coach has almost zero accent.

It always amazes me how they speak English so easily whereas players and coaches from virtually every other European nation can’t shake the accent.

Is it that much more taught in schools?
Grönborg has studied and coached in the US for many years (if that's who you're referring to).

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Grönborg has studied and coached in the US for many years (if that's you who you're referring to).

Yeah it was Grönborg.

That explains it to some extent.

But it just seems that Swedes (as far as NHLers go as well) lose the accent more quickly and more comprehensively than Finns, Czechs, Slovaks, Russians, etc.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad