GDT: Semifinal - May 19 - Sweden vs USA

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
Can we have an NHL-expansion with this swedish team? I love the composition as it shows now.

You realise fewer teams = higher concentration of talent, right? But you’re right, all the Bruins on those teams went +124 in a season and won three straight Harts.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
That 4 minute PP for the US was the turning point.

Sweden ends up with the goal to make it 2-0.
Agreed, that was a pivotal sequence in the game and you can point to that directly when talking about where Sweden took this game by the throat and sealed their victory.

Pensionsraddare

May 18, 2018
Karlstad
Love that the players doesn't celabrate this win too much. We have won nothing yet. Great win this game though! Another final and a chance to win two in a row. Tied with Finlands all time record ;)

Pengu

Jun 24, 2016
I really liked the US team this tournament. It's no fluke they went to the semis and they came out flying in this game. They really badly needed that 1st goal to build and gain more confidence.
Instead Sweden scored on one of their few chances and when Sweden scored their 2nd on the 4 min pk the team unravelled. But the outcome could have been so different if the 1st period had turned out differently. But the Swedish team is mentally tough.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
Love that the players doesn't celabrate this win too much. We have won nothing yet. Great win this game though! Another final and a chance to win two in a row. Tied with Finlands all time record ;)

Technically you've won more than the US has over the last 84 years since you're guaranteed a Silver at this point.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
Adam Larsson has been such a stud, best swedish D in this tournament so far. That says something when there's D lik OEL, Klingberg, Lindholm and Ekholm on the team.

Despite the shot differential I cant say I was nervous after Sweden took the lead.

Hopefully Canada win tonight, I'm taking my step parents exchange student (who happens to be from Canada) to the game =)

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
When the two POTG (Kane and Nilsson) are awarded their prices, they shake hands before they skate away

Yeah, I just saw them posing for a picture together.

Sorry, but I think you're making a lot out of nothing.

It's not like it was a handshake line or anything.

It could have been worse. He could have flung his POTG award into the stands or something.

Reactions: jj cale

lakers11

Aug 23, 2014
Thinking about it.....US has never even reached the finals before? Even switzerland has you beat lol.....for shame, I thought you were cool

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
hmm, I don't see a complete juggernaut, I see some holes and if the U.s could have just scored on their chances in the first this could have been a different game.

I wouldn't give them the gold yet if I were you.

I compare vs other swedish team more than cashing in the gold. I would love to see this D in NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad