GDT: Semifinal • May 13 • Czech Republic 2, Sweden 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vladiator16*

Congratulations to the Swedes, well played game, hoping to see you in the finals.

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
Color me shocked. I was sure the Czechs would wipe the floor with them. Hell, after Sweden failed on that long 5-on-3 and the PS I thought they'd fold. Surprised and pleased with that game.

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town
Well its obvious. If u loose to Norway u win the championship. THe CZ did it last year and Sweden this year. So just let Norway win :D :D :D

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
I love you so much right now. Did you know, every time a reference to an obscure metal song on the internet is spotted an angel gets its wings? True fact. A fallen angel that is. :yo:

This performance by Tre Kronor just blew me away. I didn't see this coming, I thought we'd go down in flames being made to look a fool by the nifty Czechs. Way to make us proud, guys! :)

Not obscure at all. I used to mosh to that song as a little nipper. Still great :)

Dosing

Sep 10, 2010
Edenryd
Watch these kids take the gold then never accept another invite, back to square 1:laugh: Altho next crop looks nice tho ;>

Djurgardsjavel

Oct 29, 2010
Valhalla
How did Frolik and Kruger play?

I'm as biased as can be when it comes to judging Krüger but I thought he was very solid and, I believe, was nominated one of the three players of the game for Sweden by the commentators on tv.

Not obscure at all. I used to mosh to that song as a little nipper. Still great :)

I wish it weren't so, but sadly I think few of these here present north american kiddies ever heard of Accept, my friend. An outrage! Yup, golden oldie. :nod:

zorz

Mar 8, 2010
Anyway congrats to Sweden despite of that I hate their victory so much. It would be just too unreal to win again without a single loss in the whole tournament.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
Thanks! :)

I'm happy of course but a very strange game.

The officiating was poor (let them play!) but I had expected MUCH MORE from the Czechs.

Was Sweden really this good or was it the Czechs totally choking? Perhaps a combination of both.

and I guess "Fast Victory" helped too

Erathian

May 18, 2010
Czech republic
Well, now I came back from the pub. I thought that I would be more disappointed, but I'm not so much. This is because the better team won. If there is no Pavelec, there would be nothing to play for. We were totally outplayed. I still don't understand our defenders. They were so bad. They let opposing players shoot whenever they wanted. Anyway, as I said, better team won, so congratulations Sweden, you were awesome! I don't care about finals because I like both teams. Good luck, enjoy :handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad