GDT: Semifinal • Jan. 3 • Sweden 3, Russia 4 (SO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Systemfel

<b><i>Hockey Talk by Country</b></i>
Jun 20, 2004
Gothenburg
2011 U20 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP | SEMIFINAL
JANUARY 3 • 3:30 PM ET • 21:30 CET

flag_128.jpg
Versus-logo_1.jpg
flag_128.jpg

TSN+logo-757112.jpg

front.jpg

HSBC Arena, Buffalo, New York

Sweden
Last game's lineup.

Left Wing | Center | Right Wing
10 Johan Larsson​
|
19 Calle Järnkrok​
|
18 Jesper Fasth​
|-

14 Max Friberg​
|
16 Anton Lander (C)
|
29 Patrick Cehlin​
|-

20 Sebastian Wännström​
|
24 Oscar Lindberg​
|
17 Calle Klingberg​
|-

37 Jesper Thörnberg​
|
13 Johan Sundström​
|
27 Rickard Rakell​
|-

Left Defense | Right Defense
2 Fredrik Styrman (A)
|
5 Adam Larsson​
|-

4 Tim Erixon (A)
|
12 Patrik Németh​
|
-​
|

6 Klas Dahlbeck​
|
9 John Klingberg​
|-

15 Simon Bertilsson​
|
-​
|-

Starting Goalie | Backup Goalie
30 Robin Lehner​
|
1 Fredrik Wentzel​
|
-​

Scratched | Reason
R 22 Gabriel Landeskog (A)
|
Foot injury​
|
-​

Russia
Last game's lineup.

Left Wing | Center | Right Wing
13 Maxim Kitsyn​
|
14 Daniil Sobchenko​
|
10 Vladimir Tarasenko (C)
|
7 Anton Burdasov​
|
25 Evgeni Kuznetsov​
|
21 Sergei Kalinin​
|-
8 Semen Valuisky​
|
15 Artem Voronin​
|
17 Nikita Dvurechensky (A)
|-
27 Artemy Panarin​
|
28 Denis Golubev​
|
18 Stanislav Bocharov​
|-

Left Defense | Right Defense
9 Dmitri Orlov (A)
|
12 Yuri Urychev​
|-
5 Maxim Berezin​
|
-​
|-
3 Nikita Pivtsakin​
|
6 Georgi Berdyukov​
|-
26 Andrei Sergeev​
|
23 Maxim Ignatovich​
|-

Starting Goalie | Backup Goalie
20 Dmitri Shikin​
|
30 Igor Bobkov​
|
-​

Scratched | Reason
D 2 Nikita Zaitsev​
|
Injury​
|
-​

Officials
TBA

Potential Free Streams
OFFICIAL TSN
STREAM LINK 1
STREAM LINK 2
STREAM LINK 3
STREAM LINK 4
STREAM LINK 5
STREAM LINK 6

Last edited:

Street Hawk

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
I have to go with Sweden in this game. This is a horrible turnaround for the Russians. Played at 7:30 EST on Sunday, and now must play again at 3:30 EST on Monday. That's just a little over 15 hours between the end of the Finland game and the start of the Sweden game for the Russians.

Russia had the overall advantage in play during their round robin, but the Swedes got awesome goaltending from Lehner and won. If Sweden plays like they did against Canada, they should come out on top.

Crazyhorse

Sep 2, 2006
Gothenburg
Russians shouldn't be so modest. They outplayed Sweden at times and definitely had dangerous chances. It is a uncertain game that could go either way, IMO.

Spectra

Registered boozer
Aug 3, 2005
Lehner needs to come up big again and some players need to step up their game one more level. It will be tight and the first goal will be huge.

I woke up today with the sickest feeling you could possibly have as a hockey fan; a CAN-RUS final...Hope I'm wrong, that Klingberg and Cehlin keep dominating like in the last game and that one of them decides it.

Everlasting

Jun 5, 2010
Somwhere in time
Well.. the russians did outplay Sweden alot of times in their last game. They just couldnt score. But they played a game 15h ago? And sweden outplayed Canada in their last game. This will be an easy game for sweden i belive.

6-1 Sweden

Last edited by a moderator:

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
if lehner plays like he did against the canadians, the swedes will lose. If he plays at his best, this will be a cakewalk for the swedes. This game comes down to goaltending to me.

pouskin74*

if lehner plays like he did against the canadians, the swedes will lose. If he plays at his best, this will be a cakewalk for the swedes. This game comes down to goaltending to me.

keep going with that!

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Sweden always have trouble with Russia for some reason.

THis is going to be a really close one, and the Ruskies are still on a high after coming back against the Finns.. I was hoping that Landeskog would be able to play in the semi's.... I don't like the odds...at all.:shakehead

Trotzig

Oct 24, 2009
Will be a very tough game, for either team.
Though I guess Russia will have a hard time keeping up with Sweden through three periods. They didn't exactly play Norway yesterday.

BobDobolina

Jan 11, 2010
NYC
Really hurts the integrity of the tournament that Russia has to play after so soon after a real tough OT game against the Finns. Now I'm fully aware that the host always picks the schedule and that all countries have gotten the short end of the stick at some point but it still sucks big time and should not be that way.

Fulcrum

Really hurts the integrity of the tournament that Russia has to play after so soon after a real tough OT game against the Finns. Now I'm fully aware that the host always picks the schedule and that all countries have gotten the short end of the stick at some point but it still sucks big time and should not be that way.

I can understand the host picking the schedule, but ONLY when the host changes once in a while! When its US / Canada like 5+ years in a row.. thats just ridicoulous. How often is the tournament played in Slovakia?! So they would never get to choose their schedule??

Rediculous!

jaana

Jan 25, 2009
Tallinn
indeed, I'm so tired of all these sleepless nights... :cry:
come back to Europe, WJC!

just checked wiki, and it says Canada next year, and then the 2013 tourney is in Russia :)

ok, hoping for a good game here and for the Russians to at least score a few. getting shut out was very frustrating.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
great, Canada place it's 1/4 before us and semi after us, is it fair or what?

The team barely dragged it's feet in the end, I dunno how can they recoup in 17 hours....But we are Russia and god is with us!

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
indeed, I'm so tired of all these sleepless nights... :cry:
come back to Europe, WJC!

just checked wiki, and it says Canada next year, and then the 2013 tourney is in Russia :)

ok, hoping for a good game here and for the Russians to at least score a few. getting shut out was very frustrating.

not clear, is Tallin for Russia today or for Swenska?

Fulcrum

Expect atleast a few Russian slashing, hooking, tripping, holding penalties today due to fatigue.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Whyyyyyyyyyyy is it on SVT24?????????????????

Does it matter?

great, Canada place it's 1/4 before us and semi after us, is it fair or what?

The team barely dragged it's feet in the end, I dunno how can they recoup in 17 hours....But we are Russia and god is with us!

I believe Sweden was in the exact same situation last year...or was the year before that? It sucks, and for some reason Canada never get these screwed up schedules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad