GDT: Semi Final: Canada Vs Finland | 1PM EST 7PM CET | CAN 5 - 0 FIN

Juniorhockeyguru

Nov 18, 2012
No. It's not a half-assed tournament. It's just traditionally very important in European hockey countries and often very good quality too. It's not like the Spengler Cup or some other dog turd of a tourney.

NHL and NHLPA have destroyed best on best tournies. You should talk to them about that.

It is if you don't have the best of the best. It's on the same level as the Spengler Cup for me.

Reactions: funky

Mikeshane

Jan 15, 2013
The Hayton injury hurts. I didn't have the best early impression with him but he makes some nice skill plays and can keep up with Foote and Lafreniere.

Shocker

Dec 20, 2019
I am impressed about the fellow Finns here. It has been a blast even though the game was over after 5 minutes.
Few bad eggs showed up in the start, but i guess they were promptly silenced.

E: As soon as i post this, one of them reappears.

Reactions: FinPanda

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Well i guess that wasn't the game we were expecting but as a TC fan I of course am pretty happy even if it didn't deliver excitement wise like we hoped.

Canada came in with a chip on their shoulder against Finland today,it was something sticking in our craw, traditionally that's bad news when you get an angry and motivated Canada, Finland found that out today.

But hey, a run of 3 straight elimination game wins against us is pretty damn good, chin up.

Reactions: Dominance

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Thoughts on the three Finnish players Finn fans?

Agree? Disagree?
Tanus definitely. Annunen played great game when needed against USA. Puistola disappeared in the important games. Would have picked Oden over him.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Well i guess that wasn't the game we were expecting but as a TC fan I of course am pretty happy even if it didn't deliver excitement wise like we hoped.

Canada came in with a chip on their shoulder against Finland today,it was something sticking in our craw, traditionally that's bad news when you get an angry and motivated Canada, Finland found that out today.

But hey, a run of 3 straight elimination game wins against us is pretty damn good, chin up.

Canada has to come out like that again against the Russians.

They certainly did in our earlier match-up and the game was over before it began - similar to this one.

AllIDoIsLie

Dec 21, 2019
So.

Going to swallow my pride. I'll keep my mouth shut until after the Bronze game. But until then, go Canada!

Hoping you bring the same game tomorrow and show the russians how the game is supposed to be played!

We will get another shot at you in roughly five months at the WC.

Copenhagen91

Jan 28, 2016
It’s probably in this thread somewhere and I wasn’t paying too close of attention to the game either. Was Byram playing at all?

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
OMG! I was just thinking about that interview! :D
I keep that GIF handy for emotional losses. I use this one for fans who complain after a win:
IMG_4573.GIF

Reactions: Merya

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad