GDT: Semi Final: Canada Vs Finland | 1PM EST 7PM CET | CAN 5 - 0 FIN

goldenbladz1

Feb 11, 2015
This will be a close game and could go either way especially if Finland scores first and goes into a shell. If Canada scores first they should win. Canadians have more firepower but goaltending is iffy and please check your sticks on each shift so no more Noah Dobson's out there.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
Probably will end like 4-2 Canada. The scoring depth will be the difference.
477A4198-441C-40E6-8887-840F8CA8DE4D.png

Canada remembers @FinPanda
And know this my portmanteau’d, geographic oxymoronic friend.

We were always looking beyond the Slovaks
7DCD5039-5D21-42F7-861C-C4DE869F4849.gif

We’re going to step up and crush your Team
IMG_4561.GIF

Seriously though, we know never to underestimate your squad. They’ve done this to us enough times already
822B58B2-4D28-4DCE-9035-39C5117FAF6A.gif

Hopefully it’s a great game
Cheers

Go Canada Go

powerstuck

Nordiques Hopes Lies
Jan 13, 2012
Town NHL hates !
Well this Canadian hopes Canada loses.

Our boys came to the tournament unprepared and acting like they already won. The beating against Russia didn't fix any problems (heck, we faced lesser quality opponents so the wins cannot be considered like a ''fix'').

That and also a chance of another beating by Russia in less than a month would be very shameful.

Oan

Jan 31, 2011
yeah, finland has won the last 3 elimination games vs canada. 2014, 2016, 2019

In light of this fact, why Finland is always considered the underdog?

And if Finland wins someone, it's always because of shutting down the opponent, not because of great offense and generally being the better team?

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS

Our boys came to the tournament unprepared and acting like they already won. The beating against Russia didn't fix any problems (heck, we faced lesser quality opponents so the wins cannot be considered like a ''fix'').

That and also a chance of another beating by Russia in less than a month would be very shameful.
Where is the dislike button? "I'm scared we might get beaten by Russia again so I'd rather we just lose now" weak mentality

Classicnamesup

MVP Backhand Slapper
Sep 13, 2013
Guru Meditation
In light of this fact, why Finland is always considered the underdog?

And if Finland wins someone, it's always because of shutting down the opponent, not because of great offense and generally being the better team?
If Finland wins 1-0, I'm not going to applaud their great offense...

Reactions: Statsy

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
View attachment 302093
Canada remembers @FinPanda
And know this my portmanteau’d, geographic oxymoronic friend.

We were always looking beyond the Slovaks
View attachment 302095

We’re going to step up and crush your Team
View attachment 302101

Seriously though, we know never to underestimate your squad. They’ve done this to us enough times already
View attachment 302099

Hopefully it’s a great game
Cheers

Go Canada Go

Hey it's fun to make a pessimist prediction and an optimist prediction.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

blindpass

May 7, 2010

So nothing since the Russia game could count as evidence of improvement and you therefore want them to lose the game that would so they don't have to face the game that *really* would. Ok then.

Brun0

Jul 24, 2009
If Finland wins 1-0, I'm not going to applaud their great offense...

I would say you don't know much about hockey then, good offence can be controlling the game flow and long attacks, backcheking etc. Counter attacks.

Not just scoring. :)

Oan

Jan 31, 2011
Finland regularly ices the least talented team of the big hockey nations, and they still manage to win quite often. It annoys me a great deal, it should always be the most talented teams with the biggest stars in the finals.

Brun0

Jul 24, 2009
Finland regularly ices the least talented team of the big hockey nations, and they still manage to win quite often. It annoys me a great deal, it should always be the most talented teams with the biggest stars in the finals.

Yes in fact the games shouldn't be played, because the gold should be handed before the games.

julkki

Oct 27, 2015

The stupidest comment of the year goes here...Well, room to improve, it's the 3rd of January.

Reactions: Imppair and king89

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.

IMG_4362.GIF

I consider myself, for the purposes of enjoying this Site, a fan of Hockey in general.

Although I have my favourite teams of course, I tend to find myself cheering for players, effort and the comeback / redemption story arcs.

However, you're "hoping" for teenagers to lose? For many of which, this tournament will be the highlight of their playing careers.

Fine, I'll bite
giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad