GDT: Semi-final • Jan. 3 • Sweden vs. Finland • 5 PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesui

Jan 21, 2011
everywhere
If sweden wins this, im gonna quit smoking tomorrow.. and if they win by 2 or more goals, i will never ever gonna masturbate again.

tikkanen5rings*

Comes from the Swedish name for Suomi, Finland; Fineland or Prettyland or something in English. ;) Finland isn't the only country suffering this horrible fate of having everyone call you with a foreign name, Japan is called Nippon in their own language.

and almost every other country has a non english name.....

joe_shannon_1983*

If sweden wins this, im gonna quit smoking tomorrow.. and if they win by 2 or more goals, i will never ever gonna masturbate again.

Masturbation will help you get over the beating Finland is about to take.

Mara

May 10, 2011
and almost every other country has a non english name.....

But most of the time the name is tied to the original form/meaning. Of course it's the same with Finland, but being a small country between two larger ones means that it's not our history per se, but someone elses history connected to ours.

Watten

Feb 17, 2010
Rask will be the extra player tonight intresting choice. I think he should play.

YARR123

Oct 30, 2010
Comes from the Swedish name for Suomi, Finland; Fineland or Prettyland or something in English. ;) Finland isn't the only country suffering this horrible fate of having everyone call you with a foreign name, Japan is called Nippon in their own language.
How about names for Germany

German: Deutchland
French: Allemagne
English: Germany
Finnish: Saksa
Swedish: Tyskland

And I bet there are more :D

Go Suomi!!

jesui

Jan 21, 2011
everywhere
Masturbation will help you get over the beating Finland is about to take.

I will get over it by adopting 10 north-korean boys and tell them that im the master of the universe and teach/force them to play hockey as soon as they know how to walk.. They are the top ten of the 2020 draft.

Matti_A

Sep 21, 2005
Hope Finland wins in overtime on a Granlund lacrosse style goal prompting the Swedish commentator to shout "Oj, oj, oj...Titta Calle!!"

Uppercorner

Nov 24, 2004
Swedes are executing the so-called "Forsberg-strategy" which means that they're going to lose this one on purpose.:yo:

Mara

May 10, 2011
How about names for Germany

German: Deutchland
French: Allemagne
English: Germany
Finnish: Saksa
Swedish: Tyskland

And I bet there are more :D

Go Suomi!!

Germany hasn't been a country that long like Finland, this is what usually happens. :D This becomes obvious by looking at the Finnish name which comes from the state of Saxony.

Howe Elbows 9

Sep 16, 2007
Sweden
Who have been the top three Finnish defencemen so far?

Judging by what I saw in the Finland - Slovakia game, are Hakanpää and Ristolainen two of them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad