Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (FromSoftware)

Zodiac

Jul 6, 2003
i'm very interested, and hopefully it'll be good ...but i'd much rather Dark Souls 4.

Papa Francouz

Nov 25, 2013
Denver, CO
Looks awesome. I’ve been needing something with FromSoftware difficulty in my life recently. I love the look of some of the enemies, too.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
GOTY assuming Activision didn't f*** it up somehow. I always worry about games coming out at the end of March.

Last edited:

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
GOTY assuming Activision didn't **** it up somehow. I always worry about games coming out at the end of March.

Why's that?

Hoping this makes up for Left Alive. I know the new Chocobo's Dungeon will make up for anything else bad that has happened this year though.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Why's that?

Hoping this makes up for Left Alive. I know the new Chocobo's Dungeon will make up for anything else bad that has happened this year though.

End of the fiscal financial year. Publishers will occasionally rush unfinished games out around this time of the year just to make their yearly numbers higher.

That said From has been working on this game forrrrr a while so it shouldn't be a problem. Also looking at it most of their games since Dark Souls 2 have come out around the same time of the year so it doesn't seem to be a problem for them.

Last edited:
Reactions: JaegerDice

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Oh is that coming out soon?

Great, another FromSoftware game so everyone can say how much they love it and I can sit here feeling like I don't understand the world...:(

I like the aesthetic choice though. Looks really weird and interesting.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Oh is that coming out soon?

Great, another FromSoftware game so everyone can say how much they love it and I can sit here feeling like I don't understand the world...:(

I like the aesthetic choice though. Looks really weird and interesting.

This one appears to be far more dialogue and character driven, even the main character has full VO. If that makes you feel any better. :)

Reactions: Commander Clueless

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Already have the collector's edition pre-ordered.

Not a huuuuuuge fan of the Dark Souls games, but loved Bloodborne. Hoping it leans towards the latter rather than the former. But fans of these games are so hardcore, I'd be able to sell a barely-used CE on ebay for sale price or better in a couple months, worst case scenario.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Already have the collector's edition pre-ordered.

Not a huuuuuuge fan of the Dark Souls games, but loved Bloodborne. Hoping it leans towards the latter rather than the former. But fans of these games are so hardcore, I'd be able to sell a barely-used CE on ebay for sale price or better in a couple months, worst case scenario.
I liked bloodborne a lot but it was waaaaaay too easy to get one shot regardless of your level. Dark Souls 3 if you haven't tried it is a lot more forgiving if you put a few levels into health, and kept a lot of the speed of bloodborne.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Devil May Cry 5 looks great, but its almost a different genre. Its in the bayonetta, and god of war (old god of war) category.

Sekiro and other souls games are closer to Zelda than to DMC.

sabresfan129103

1-4-6-14
Apr 10, 2006
Amherst, NY
Pre-ordered last night. I don't usually do that, but I'm going to be buying this no matter what. Hopefully I can pre-load this bad boy in a day or 2 and play it right when it comes out.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Not surprised at the good reviews, From is a pretty safe bet to make a good game although I only like Bloodborne from them.

I'll probably get this game in the middle of the summer, when nothing comes out, and it's backlog time.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Interestingly, most reviews seem to say that it's the hardest game they've ever made, but that it's also the most accessible in that the difficulty is entirely from the mechanics and not from any of the RPG stuff (no stats, gear, etc.), so it'll be interesting to see if it gets any new people on board.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Interestingly, most reviews seem to say that it's the hardest game they've ever made, but that it's also the most accessible in that the difficulty is entirely from the mechanics and not from any of the RPG stuff (no stats, gear, etc.), so it'll be interesting to see if it gets any new people on board.

It is pretty hard as you need to have near perfect battles throughout each stage. Plus if you go back in the stage the enemies you just killed respawn and seem tougher. It’s a bit of a learning curve but it’s really fun.

KingBran

Three Eyed Raven
Apr 24, 2014
It is pretty hard as you need to have near perfect battles throughout each stage. Plus if you go back in the stage the enemies you just killed respawn and seem tougher. It’s a bit of a learning curve but it’s really fun.
So you have to kill them...

tumblr_o9g4ghdPsg1s3y9slo3_500.gif

...Twice?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad