Rumor: Seems worthy of its own thread: Sale of team imminent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
I remain pessimistic but sometimes dream of what these minds could do with input into stadium/site design and even incorporating minor acts into pre and mid period shows in stadium a la vegas, a hybrid hockey arena permanent cirque facility would be unreal!

the combination of Demarais and Cirque ownership would be perhaps the greatest possible ownership group the Sens could every hope to have.
Endless money, endless connections, masters of entertainment presentation and promotion.

i think id shed some tears of joy...

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
the combination of Demarais and Cirque ownership would be perhaps the greatest possible ownership group the Sens could every hope to have.
Endless money, endless connections, masters of entertainment presentation and promotion.

i think id shed some tears of joy...

...not to mention Cirque athletes/entertainers are in amazing shape. Having a gym/training/development connection with them could pay huge dividends for our players, as well.

Reactions: BonkTastic

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
Desmarais family owns Bauer, Easton, and sits on the board of CCM and Adidas....They have very deep pockets and a rapidly increasing net worth. Outside of their insurance holdings they also have some really smart investments in finserv companies that have taken hold (Wealth Simple as an example). With the pockets and sporting connections from Desmarais family and the pure entertainment value that the cirque family would bring we'd rival vegas in ability to spend and the on / off ice product.

Too good to be true...

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Desmarais family owns Bauer, Easton, and sits on the board of CCM and Adidas....They have very deep pockets and a rapidly increasing net worth. Outside of their insurance holdings they also have some really smart investments in finserv companies that have taken hold (Wealth Simple as an example). With the pockets and sporting connections from Desmarais family and the pure entertainment value that the cirque family would bring we'd rival vegas in ability to spend and the on / off ice product.

Too good to be true...
Few buddies at the rink told me Easton has ceased hockey operations and is strictly baseball now, is that true?

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
For what it's worth, I've heard from a fairly trustworthy person that Anselmi left not because of any disagreement about the direction of the team or ticket sales, but because he wasn't paid his bonus. For a corporate guy like him, that's an immediate deal breaker.

So this would make perfect sense.

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
Few buddies at the rink told me Easton has ceased hockey operations and is strictly baseball now, is that true?
I believe that is the case however they still own Easton, Bauer and highly influence CCM and Adidas. Not too shabby. Maybe we could then afford to buy Bobby Ryan a decent set of gloves?

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
I just thought of this but imagine this backroom conversation....

"Erik, sign here and we'll immediately double what warrior is paying you to wear CCM"

Tell me that Toronto doesn't sell their players on sponsorship potential, it happens for sure but we'd control a big part of the market

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
It's an interesting tweet to say the least, if true. I'd like to know where all the diehard Melnyk haters are who were constantly telling us how much money this team was making and how he wasn't spending any of the profits to improve the team? Now the story comes out that the financials of the team are terrible like some of us have been saying for a while and that they need NHL guaranteed bridge loans to make payroll and there's not a word?

Which one is it? Is he cheap, as you some of you say? Or is the team poor?

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
It's an interesting tweet to say the least, if true. I'd like to know where all the diehard Melnyk haters are who were constantly telling us how much money this team was making and how he wasn't spending any of the profits to improve the team? Now the story comes out that the financials of the team are terrible like some of us have been saying for a while and that they need NHL guaranteed bridge loans to make payroll and there's not a word?

Which one is it? Is he cheap, as you some of you say? Or is the team poor?

An owner can siphon money out of a profitable business and leave said business unable to pay its bills.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
For what it's worth, I've heard from a fairly trustworthy person that Anselmi left not because of any disagreement about the direction of the team or ticket sales, but because he wasn't paid his bonus. For a corporate guy like him, that's an immediate deal breaker.

So this would make perfect sense.

This wouldn't surprise me whatsoever, I have heard from multiple employees about pay being months late. Would be beyond pathetic for it to happen to an important figure such as Anselmi.

Kellogs

G'night Sweet Prince
Dec 23, 2008
Ottawa
This wouldn't surprise me whatsoever, I have heard from multiple employees about pay being months late. Would be beyond pathetic for it to happen to an important figure such as Anselmi.

Usually in those situations the higher ups forego their salary until their employees get paid.

QuietOnTheFront

@QuietOnTheFront
Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver, BC
At this point I liken the reports of an ownership change to Trump being impeached... Most people want this to happen, but, I’ll believe it when I see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad