Seeking New Western Conference Player Agent

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
The time has come for me to step down as the player agent (aka Shorty Ballstein) for the Western Conference. I just don't have enough time in my schedule now to continue in that role. I will obviously finish out the remaining contracts before FA and I will always continue to run the FA period as Commish, but I need someone to step up to run that player agent role on the day to day basis during the year. Originally, I took it on just in a temporary role, but actually really enjoyed it and had the time, so I stayed on. But again, that time is no longer there.

Send me an email or a note if this is something you would be willing to take on. You would be working directly with Ville and he would help mentor you in the role (and I could help advise on certain things too).

Thanks,
Brock

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
I’m overdue to be taking on some official responsibility in the league again, unfortunately I’ve recently started a new job that is taking up a ton of time outside business hours while I get up to speed.

Could you give a sense of how much work is involved - how much time, how often, doing how much research?

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
I’m overdue to be taking on some official responsibility in the league again, unfortunately I’ve recently started a new job that is taking up a ton of time outside business hours while I get up to speed.

Could you give a sense of how much work is involved - how much time, how often, doing how much research?

The bulk of the work is really in the month leading up to our free agent period. Most people sign their FA's then. The rest of the year is very minimal. Checking periodically. A few minutes here and there. Then closer to our FA period, it becomes a larger investment. Maybe an hour per week or so. The good thing is that you have Ville as a partner. We generally bounce the contracts off of each other in a chat to make sure that we're on the same page. So that makes it easier that you would have the same luxuries. Obviously, you get pretty good at searching for contract comparisons the more you do it, so that may also play into time involved as you get used to it.

Reactions: Ohio Jones

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad