Player Discussion Sebastian Aho

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Some discussion questions:
- Future captain?
- Will he score more points than any Cane ever?
- Sexiest Finn alive?
- Can he keep getting away with it?
- Will he ever score more than 20 points in a season?

For your reading pleasure:

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Man, remember the constant refrain around here that he was producing okay but a ghost not that long ago? Glad that's over. I don't think he was quite as bad as many did around here early on, but man is it good to see this version of him that's as good as he's ever been.

He does seem like he'd be a great choice for captain eventually. It's kinda a shame that's probably not an option for a few more years, but his brand of leadership seems like it shines through regardless.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Man, remember the constant refrain around here that he was producing okay but a ghost not that long ago? Glad that's over. I don't think he was quite as bad as many did around here early on, but man is it good to see this version of him that's as good as he's ever been.

He does seem like he'd be a great choice for captain eventually. It's kinda a shame that's probably not an option for a few more years, but his brand of leadership seems like it shines through regardless.
Yeah Staal ain’t going anywhere soon and they won’t take the C away from him as long as he’s on the roster, but I do think it’s likely Aho is next in line. I could theoretically see Slavin or even Nikishin if he comes over in time and proves himself in the NHL and we lock him up for 8 years (just a natural born leader and has been named Captain of SKA already and the Russian national team, which is pretty damn significant given his age).

On pace for 90 points this year, would be really big for him. I know he can do it.
Actually pacing for 97.5 points in 79 games accounting for the 3 games he’s already missed. 101 point pace over 82 games

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
How many points has SAT been responsible for since we finally put them back together?
Mostly PP points, off the top of my head they have 3 maybe 4 goals 5v5 (not counting EN), Fast had 1 on a partial change with Aho and Svech assisting. But they’ve had a bunch of chances and I do think them practicing and playing together on a line helps Aho and Svech on the PP, and that line has drawn a few of those PPs they’ve scored on. SAT line is just a no brainer to me and has been since we first tried it out in ‘19.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Since he's entered the league, only Alex Ovechkin has more Empty Net Goals than Aho. Aho has 27, Ovi has 30.

Also, he's 20th in EN assists and 4th in Empty Net points with 44. Wheeler has the most with 48. Crosby and Marchand each have 46.

Unhinged Finn

Skunk is my spirit animal
May 1, 2022
Since he's entered the league, only Alex Ovechkin has more Empty Net Goals than Aho. Aho has 27, Ovi has 30.

Also, he's 20th in EN assists and 4th in Empty Net points with 44. Wheeler has the most with 48. Crosby and Marchand each have 46.
He's really good at intercepting passes and pickpocketing opponents, which plays a role here and in shorthanded points also.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
He's really good at intercepting passes and pickpocketing opponents, which plays a role here and in shorthanded points also.
It also helps that he's been on good teams for a long stretch as well, meaning there are more chances to get an ENG. It's no surprise that the guys at the top of the list also have been on historically good teams during this stretch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad