Seattle Mock Expansion Draft: Best Players Available

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Depends on the timing of this hypothetical draft, is it today or is it at the end of this season? I could see Seattle going after a free 1-year rental of Barrie or Muzzin. Their cheap contracts could help them take on cap dumps from other teams in exchange for assets.

Hyman would also be a potential choice. Given his age and shorter contract he's probably not protected.

I believe he will be, over Kerfoot.

Larry Fisher

Sep 19, 2002
Kelowna, B.C.
okposo + a 1st as a bribe

As a bribe to not take Ristolainen if you protect 7-3 (protecting Johansson, Olofsson and Asplund). Or as a bribe to not take Miller/Ristolainen if you stick with the 4-4/8-1 route that I suggested?

I do think Seattle will be open to bribes that include a first-round pick, especially under Francis, who did well with the draft-and-develop approach in Carolina.

Larry Fisher

Sep 19, 2002
Kelowna, B.C.
CAR would not give up a good young centre like Suzuki to protect Pesce when they can just protect him in the first place. No way they don't as he's their 2nd best D. They'd rather expose any other D than Slavin/Pesce. I'd imagine they protect S/P and Bean. Faulk may be gone by then, or consent to a trade in the event he's still there.

Edit: This article looks like a shot in the dark by Fisher

True enough, protect 8-1/4-4 (protecting Slavin, Hamilton, Pesce and Bean), expose and lose one of Niederreiter/Gauthier/Geekie/Faulk/Haula, and move on. Seattle would select one of those five and Carolina gets to keep Pesce and Suzuki without having to make a side deal.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I appreciate the effort.

I don't think the Kings would protect Quick and risk losing Petersen or Campbell. Petersen is heir apparent to Quick and the future in net.

But I understand, all things considered, Quick would be the best option for the sake of the article.

Reactions: Larry Fisher

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad