Which 7 forwards should be protected?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
Other than D'Accord, it would be great to dump the other contracts

I don't want to loose D'Accord and in order to do that I think we need to offer up more attractive options Murray, White, Dandonov, Teirney to get them distracted.

Everyone else is is expandable and will not slow down our rebuild and are not part of our core moving forward. D'Accord may not be part of the core but carries the least in salary and potentially the most upside of them all.

We have a lot of holes to fill and players who need to get paid, so cutting bait from players who will not be part of that is part of building a winner.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Wow Abramov has more votes then Tierney.

That’s a mistake … Tierney’s value is constantly undervalued around here.

Doesn’t D’Accord have to clear waivers ? Good chance we lose him anyway.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
That’s a mistake … Tierney’s value is constantly undervalued around here.

Doesn’t D’Accord have to clear waivers ? Good chance we lose him anyway.

the love affair with Logan Brown; so much talent, and the thought of being haunted by him going to another team. Has a Marcus Naslund feel to it right now

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
the love affair with Logan Brown; so much talent, and the thought of being haunted by him going to another team.w

Guilty as charged… it’s so hard for us to attract talent here … it’s pains me to think of giving his away.

Reactions: Cosmix

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I didn't see the hands. I didn't see the speed. I didn't see the battle/compete for pucks. I didn't see the goal scorer shot. I didn't see the playmaking. I don't think it gets better here .. obviously my guess and could be wrong. I would move on if I could.

What's funny is that I saw some work ethic and hustle, it just never amounted to much. I never felt like he was coasting around.

He just didn't appear to have any on-ice chemistry with anyone throughout the entire season aside from his spells with Anisimov.

Last edited:
Reactions: cudi

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
The Athletic did an exercise where all the beatwriters projected who they think Seattle will pick from their teams.

Mendes thinks we're losing Dadonov. Can you imagine? What a boon - dumping off that 11.5M for free. Dorion would be break dancing in his office.

I saw that mock... the issue with it is that there is no holistic approach... just team writers making a pick independent of the "plan" and without knowledge of who would be picked from other teams.

To that point.... yeah right Seattle picks Drouin, Dadonov, Duclair, Donato, JVR, and Zucker!

What's funny is that I saw some work ethic and hustle, it just never amounted to much. I never felt like he was coasting around.

He just didn't appear to have any on-ice chemistry with anyone throughout the entire season aside from his spells with Anisimov.

I found his second effort to be the worst on the team by far. So many times when he would just plant his feet, put his stick into a scrum, lose it, and then give up. If not for that, I'd be a lot less sure about moving on from him.

I do think he can still improve, but with the emergence of Batherson & Brown plus reinforcements on the way, I'd rather spend the money elsewhere.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown

A full glimpse into what the Ottawa Senators are thinking.

Is it really? Or is it just Bruce trying to add his thoughts?

I mean when Bruce is being used as the Senators sock puppet, the information is useful but when Bruce tries to think for himself it's almost always bad takes that add no value.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Craig Button has the exact same list as me, Bruce Garrioch approves... Could it almost be considered a NO BRAINER expansion draft for Ottawa?

I don't want to loose D'Accord and in order to do that I think we need to offer up more attractive options Murray, White, Dandonov, Teirney to get them distracted.

Everyone else is is expandable and will not slow down our rebuild and are not part of our core moving forward. D'Accord may not be part of the core but carries the least in salary and potentially the most upside of them all.

We have a lot of holes to fill and players who need to get paid, so cutting bait from players who will not be part of that is part of building a winner.

Regardless of options, I really doubt Seattle picks up Daccord

I like Joey and I actually play a similar style (minus being great at puck handling) but he's turning 25 y/o next month and has only played in 9 NHL games, with only 1 win and a 0.894 SV%

First, there's going to be a lot of good/possible options among UFAs : Rask, Andersen, Raanta, Reimer, Grubauer, Mrazek, Bernier, Rittich, Ullmark, Halak, Dell, Driedger

Then, there'll be unprotected goalies like Jake Allen, Braden Holtby, Cam Talbot, Vitek Vanecek, Pavel Francouz, Adin Hill, Anton Khudobin and heck even Matt Murray

Chris Driedger will most likely sign with them. They could pick him up in the ED to not have "too many goalies" as they don't have an AHL affiliate and then have more time sign him (if they didn't before the ED). Same thing with any of them

The problem is they HAVE TO select 3 goalies... even though they would possibly like to pick less and just sign 1-2 UFAs. If I am them, I am targetting Chris Driedger AND Linus Ullmark. Maybe a guy like Jake Allen or Khudobin would be a good choice as the 3rd guy. I don't even know where that 3rd guy will play though, probably loaned to an AHL team?

But IMO you can sleep well about Daccord, the risk is very very low. Gustavsson on the other hand, if he was exposed...

Last edited:
Reactions: ReginKarlssonLehner

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Button chose the exact same list as our board did in the polls.

I think we're making their job way too easy :sarcasm:

Batherson, Tkachuk, Paul, Connor Brown, Logan Brown
Chabot, Mete, Zaitsev
Gustavsson

Then the last 2 forward spots between Watson, White and Dadonov

And even then, the age factor... Dadonov didn't show enough to be protected over Colin White. The organization would need to really have soured on White to not protect him given our options.

Anything else than that means Dorion went way off the board, no?

BurgoShark

Jul 1, 2004
Gold Coast
Sure … but if CT sucks next year he’s gone … if White sucks you still owe him $15 million … I’ll take that limited risk and the gamble that CT is training his A$$ for UFA

Daccord is 25 next year … only two years younger than Tierney.

White can be bought out for $5m after next season.

Crookshank

Brandon
Apr 18, 2021
White and Teirney (maybe Dadonov and Watson fit here as well) are commodity players, we know their floor, ceiling and what they cost to replace. Logan and Abramov still have question marks on their upside and id rather not see Seattle figure that out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad