Seravalli: Seattle actively looking at John Klingberg. Listening on offers for Carter Soucy & Will Borgen

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Anaheim might come out well ahead if they could get Soucy + pick for Klingberg @50% and then turn around and flip Soucy with full retention as well (compared to just trying to sell Klingberg)

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
So... is it Carter or Carson Soucy?

I'll just assume Carter is Carson's evil twin brother.

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
Doesn’t seem like moving Soucy is a great move while poised to make the playoffs. With that being said, if the Oilers had the cap space, he would be a great addition.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Anaheim might come out well ahead if they could get Soucy + pick for Klingberg @50% and then turn around and flip Soucy with full retention as well (compared to just trying to sell Klingberg)

Soucy's trade value's most likely higher than Klingberg's right now.
There's no way the Kraken would trade Soucy and a pick for a guy like Kingberg.

Overall it seems quite a bit like Frank wants to keep the conversation going(create clicks) always talking about Klingberg to Seattle etc.

Also, I've got no idea how anyone would think that we'd be moving Borgen right now.
The most likely scenario with him is a contract extension and certainly not a trade.

quackquackquack

Oct 10, 2012
I'm actually fatigued from being a Ducks fan. We're in a clear rebuild with veterans to sell off and haven't done shit. Fatigued.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Borgen would be a sneaky good pickup for the Avs.
Looking ,ore into next season, but added depth for the playoffs too

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Soucy's trade value's most likely higher than Klingberg's right now.
There's no way the Kraken would trade Soucy and a pick for a guy like Kingberg.

Overall it seems quite a bit like Frank wants to keep the conversation going(create clicks) always talking about Klingberg to Seattle etc.

Also, I've got no idea how anyone would think that we'd be moving Borgen right now.
The most likely scenario with him is a contract extension and certainly not a trade.
That could be, it's a bit of an apples to oranges comparison being such different types of players. I figured that Klingberg @50% and Soucy at full cap, are close enough in value that maybe Seattle would add a middling asset if the deal suits their roster needs. Then of course flipping Soucy at 50% yields Anaheim a greater return, as he becomes quite the value contract for someone at that point.

Just attempting to connect dots, but Klingberg full retained for some sort of B level asset, does seem more likely.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
That could be, it's a bit of an apples to oranges comparison being such different types of players. I figured that Klingberg @50% and Soucy at full cap, are close enough in value that maybe Seattle would add a middling asset if the deal suits their roster needs. Then of course flipping Soucy at 50% yields Anaheim a greater return, as he becomes quite the value contract for someone at that point.

Just attempting to connect dots, but Klingberg full retained for some sort of B level asset, does seem more likely.

I get what you're saying as a Ducks fan.

Though, I actually don't think Klingberg at 50% retained is a valuable as Soucy given that he would still have a higher cap hit and Soucy has way more(big, physical, hits hard) of what playoff teams are looking for.

But my guess Francis won't do much and at most will bring in some depth center that can win a faceoff.

Reactions: majormajor

sisseton

Jan 12, 2012
Minnesota
LOL who's Carter Soucy??? Anyway I'd take either Soucy or Borgen to the Wild I'd offer Jon Merrill and maybe a pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad