Season Ticket Renewal

baxtefer

Aug 8, 2012
Have any of you STHs taken a look at your renewal package yet?

Did anyone else notice what our "reward" is for supporting this team through another horrible season of boring, uninspired hockey? A 7-10% price increase pretty much across the board.

Management is saying that they've divided the arena into a bunch more "price levels". Sure, some areas of the lower bowl (defensive end and no-alcohol sections) have slightly lower prices, but overall prices are up.

So apparently the solution to declining attendance and lowered STH renewals is to continue gouging whatever loyal fans they have left.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Not a STH but that is hilarious. These guys deserve an empty barn next year. What a bunch of crooks.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
I wouldn't expect them to go down. After all, next season they will likely be a cap team once again on an escalating cap. Have to make up that extra money somehow. It sure as heck isn't going to be advertising and sponsorship as businesses shy away from products in a downward spiral. So it has to be on the backs of the people who pay to watch this slop.

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
That makes me worried that management has plans to do something stupid this summer (not that they need any help).

Only reason prices would go up is

1.) Plan to make more short sighted moves to "contend" for a playoff spot next season

Or

2.) They built a time machine and found out that we won the draft lottery.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
That makes me worried that management has plans to do something stupid this summer (not that they need any help).

1.) Plan to make more short sighted moves to "contend" for a playoff spot next season

Or

Remember that look on Linden's face when we didn't win a lottery spot and were bumped back? I wouldn't be surprised if they're banking on the lottery again + hyping up Boeser.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
It would be nice for the team to only see a 10% renewal on STH, and hopefully forcing Aquillini to sell the team. Why would you pay so much and fill the arena when we saw what Katz, Lowe, MacTavish did to EDM for 10 years. Is gas, parking, beer prices, tickets really worth it? Compared to free online, $2 beer, $10 steak at home

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Beijing

As long as the presence of 'said vet' doesn't hold back one of the younger talents on the team, I fail to see how adding a player to the roster via UFA is a bad thing. A large part of the 'rebuild' experience and maximising the development of young players, is getting them to compete for a playoff spot, and getting them some playoff experience.

Given the departure of Hansen and Burrows (for prospects), who exactly is Loui Eriksson "holding back" right now? Lets take a look at next year's roster:

You can't just 'gift' spots to kids and throw them into a sink or swim environment. The kids have to earn their spot, and when they get their spot, they have to be placed in a role where they'll be slightly pushed/challenged, but not over-exerted.

If you try and force/over-exert said prospect, you are likely setting him up for failure.

Hence - the need for a key UFA signing if it makes sense.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
I think there still is.

It used to be over 5000 strong, with 97% renewal (stronger the renewal the longer the queue because people just don't move off it). I know they talking that season ticket renewal rates were down to just 80% last year, those sort of numbers over a couple of years would clear any waiting list queue pretty quickly. If they get similar numbers this year there might not be a queue.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
It would be nice for the team to only see a 10% renewal on STH, and hopefully forcing Aquillini to sell the team. Why would you pay so much and fill the arena when we saw what Katz, Lowe, MacTavish did to EDM for 10 years. Is gas, parking, beer prices, tickets really worth it? Compared to free online, $2 beer, $10 steak at home

It is possible they just base their ticket prices on cap increases since they are going to spend to cap. It would be nicer if it was based of reality, ie how good the team is. I'm not sure how you can justify those increases when you can get tickets of stubhub

Dallas from $22

Anaheim from $26

Los Angeles from $30

San Jose from $32

Edmonton Oilers from $59

thebigbea

Jun 14, 2011
It is possible they just base their ticket prices on cap increases since they are going to spend to cap. It would be nicer if it was based of reality, ie how good the team is. I'm not sure how you can justify those increases when you can get tickets of stubhub

Dallas from $22

Anaheim from $26

Los Angeles from $30

San Jose from $32

Edmonton Oilers from $59

those are in USD and fees on top of it.. like dallas game its close to $40CDN each after everything..

Wo Yorfat

dumb person
Nov 7, 2016
I suppose a small bump in ticket prices is easier than not signing bad players to big money.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Is there even a waiting list anymore?

There wasn't 3 years ago when I got in, and things haven't exactly improved as far as the on ice product. I stuck it out for 2 seasons, a town hall or two, then gave them up. The way the account executive said he'd hold my spot for me doesn't lead me to believe they have a big list of people chomping at the bit to get tickets.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC

Exactly this.

Best way to invoke change is to not renew. They aren't going to relocate this team, but they certainly would look at management changes if their season ticket holder base drops considerably.

denkiteki

Jun 29, 2010

Or

They will sell contender next year again + youth movement again. Then just say its part of the process when we're out of the playoff race sometime in Jan. Might also sell hope due to a new coach (and any coach will likely be an upgrade).

Linden has proven to not be all that good when it comes to the business side of things (not exactly shocking given his lack of experience). Using logical with the current management group has also not proven all that realistic (tho Benning finally did do the logical thing this deadline...).

Also its not like we have much cap space to do short-sighted moves. UFA is going to be super weak in terms of forwards this year and of course most of our cap space will likely be spent on RFA (namely Horvat). There's cap move to do #1 the year after (when Sedins are off the book @ 7mil each).

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
I have 4 seats in the red that the people buying want to reduce to 2 seats. They averaged $152.25 last year, they want $158.70 .

If anyone is interested, message me. I understand that this is an outrageous amount of money they want. Oh, these are pretty much as good seats as there are in the place.

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
I have 4 seats in the red that the people buying want to reduce to 2 seats. They averaged $152.25 last year, they want $158.70 .

If anyone is interested, message me. I understand that this is an outrageous amount of money they want. Oh, these are pretty much as good seats as there are in the place.

Can you transfer like that though? I thought one you don't renew, they're up for grabs. Didn't think you can transfer rights to seats.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Can you transfer like that though? I thought one you don't renew, they're up for grabs. Didn't think you can transfer rights to seats.

I can transfer to a family member. Which I will if they are interested. Otherwise the seats stay in my name. If someone wants them. If not, they sadly go away after 47 years. So it goes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad