Season Predictions: Pick one All Star Performer and one Disappointment

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
All Star: Horvat

Disappointment: Lee

I think the 3rd line is the right spot for Lee at this point of his career. I just don't think the scoring chances will be there for him. We're going to look at his numbers and be a bit underwhelmed.

NC 1972

Dec 8, 2017
Allstar- Maggio (When he gets the call up)
disappointment- HORVAT & Wally
Horvat I can see disappointment given his contract, Wally coming off major surgery and making less than a million is not so disappointing if he has a poor year.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Engvall will be our next Jason Blake/ Michael Grabner/Matt Moulson type of player (meaning will thrive)
Horvat will score like 19 goals

Reactions: NYI365

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
All Star = Engvall
Disappointment = Wahlstrom.
If we’re talking the organization as a whole, then the absolute lack of any perks for being a STH.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
I don't think he's the kind of player who is selected as an All Star, but Pulock might have been our best player in the playoffs last year and I'm hoping he continues that this year. Maybe he's found the correct balance between the offensive defenseman he was coming up and the defensive defenseman he's capable of being. Just be a rock defensively, move the puck quickly and efficiently, and chip in some points 5on5 and on PP2.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
I don't think he's the kind of player who is selected as an All Star, but Pulock might have been our best player in the playoffs last year and I'm hoping he continues that this year. Maybe he's found the correct balance between the offensive defenseman he was coming up and the defensive defenseman he's capable of being. Just be a rock defensively, move the puck quickly and efficiently, and chip in some points 5on5 and on PP2.
He had a very strong game last night. If he pushes vs shoots, he’ll be 100x more effective to the team and it’s success.

IslandersGER

Dec 29, 2015
Deutschland
Plus: Nelson (Sidekick: Engvall)
Minus: Barzal (Sidekick: Horvat)

I expect the Nelson line to drive our game and the Horvat line not absolutely bad, but way under expectations and potential ceiling

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
All Star: @Richie Daggers Crime I see this as a bounce back year for this punk. He's had a solid preseason and seems to be more and more comfortable with the zingers. As long as he keeps it reigned in a bit, he should really kill it in 23/24.

Disappointment: @doublechili Are this poster's best years behind him? Sure he's still funny but I think I speak for everyone when I say we expect more. Given the amount of real estate he takes up this board, a belly laugh every day is not too much to ask for, is it? It's make or break time this season for DC.

• Haha
Reactions: TMI and JKP

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad