GDT: Season Opener! Flames @ Capitals, 5:00 PM, TSN

BRobMint

Formerly known as Hockey Ninja
Apr 24, 2013
Cleveland, OH (Grew up in Calgary)
Roger Millions ‏@RogMillions 59s Flames Lines in Wash- Glencross Stajan Stempniak- Hudler Backlund Galiardi-Baertschi Monahan D. Jones- Bouma Street McGrattan..

Roger Millions ‏@RogMillions 7s Flames Def. In Wash- Giordano Brodie- Russell Wideman- Butler O'BRIEN. Ramo - MacDonald Goal.

Welcome back hockey! Go Flames go!

Good news everyone hockey is back!

3114318-professor+farnsworth.jpeg

Welcome everyone to the season of Lowered Expectations!!!

GAME #1
Calgary Flames vs Washington Capitals

5 pm Mountain Time on TSN

Projected Lineups

200px-Calgary_Flames_Logo.svg.png

CALGARY FLAMES
(0-0-0)

Glencross.jpg
|
stajan.jpg
|
stempniak.jpg

Cutris Glencross | Matt Stajan | Lee Stempniak

Hudler.jpg
|
Backlund.jpg
|
Galiaridi.jpg

Jiri Hudler | Mickeal Backlund | TJ Galiaridi

Baertschi.jpg
|
Monahan.jpg
|
D.Jones.jpg

Sven Baertschi | Sean Monahan | David Jones

Bouma.jpg
|
Colborne.jpg
|
McGrattan.jpg

Lance Bouma | Ben Street | Brian McGrattan

Giordano.jpg
|
Brodie.jpg

Mark Giordano | TJ Brodie

Russell.jpg
|
Wideman.jpg

Kris Russell | Dennis Wideman

Butler.jpg
|
Sieloff.jpg

Chris Butler | Shane O'Bum

Ramo.jpg

Karri Ramo

MacDonald.jpg

Joey Macdonald

photo.jpg

Washington Capitals

Johansson | Backstrom | Ovechkin
Laich | Grabovski | Brouwer
Chimera | Fehr | Ward
Erat | Latta | Wilson

Alzner | Green
Erskine | Carlson
Hillen | Carrick

Holtby
Neuvirth

Calgaryflames.com said:
Calgary beings its first season without Jarome Iginla since 1995-96, and its first with Brian Burke as part of the management team. This will definitely be a younger Flames team. Sean Monahan, the sixth pick in the 2013 NHL Draft, is expected to make his NHL debut. The team's first-rounder in 2011, Sven Baertschi (No. 13), will also begin his first full NHL season, though he's had a disappointing training camp.

"It's a lot like farming," Burke said. "Sometimes you've got to plant the field and you've just got to sit and wait. You can weed if you want. You can do some other things, but basically you've got to wait and you've got to see what that crop is, you've got to see if the weather cooperates and sometimes you've got to wait and see.

"What do we have? What are we going to have? What are some of these young guys going to turn into? I think it's a fair question, but we get paid to be patient."

jJCjaVH.png

Credit to Hudlinator for saving us from being doomed. Dooooooooooooomed. - SG

Last edited:

I Hate Blake Coleman

Bandwagon Burner
Jul 22, 2008
Saskatchewan
Nothing like a season opener against the most bitter of our bitter rivals.

Hudler - Backlund - Galiardi sounds like a pretty fast line. Interesting too. I like it.

tyflames

Jul 4, 2010
Colborne doesnt crack the opening day line up? Cant say im surprised.

Hartley wanted him to watch the first game to understand the team and the systems. He said they have to teach Colborne everything they went through in camp before they feel he is ready to play.

TylerSVT*

At least we dont have Sarich to score on our own net anymore...

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Nothing like a season opener against the most bitter of our bitter rivals.

Hudler - Backlund - Galiardi sounds like a pretty fast line. Interesting too. I like it.

Yes, I too have a bitter taste towards the team we see once or twice a year, for some reason.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Let's do this boys! Set the tone for the season. I'm hoping for a physical, hard working and entertaining game.

Love the new Avatars InfinityIggy!!

GO FLAMES GO!!!!!!!!!!! :yo:

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Really annoying that I'll only get to watch a period of this one, but at least it's the first period!

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
New avatars baby! Let's do this!!

And don't we have a premade format for GDTs?? Come on boys.

I sent a message to Ninja about the GDT, given that this is the first game of the year. If I don't hear back by 6:00pm, we can explore the option of making a new thread and merge the two. Only if its that important to people.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I sent a message to Ninja about the GDT, given that this is the first game of the year. If I don't hear back by 6:00pm, we can explore the option of making a new thread and merge the two. Only if its that important to people.

Can't you just edit his post as a mod? Or am I mistaken? I can send you the full Avatar list as well.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC

I can either make a new one or post it in this thread and he can copy and past.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Can't wait!

Big shout out to InfinityIggy for making these great avatars! Thank-you!

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Can't you just edit his post as a mod? Or am I mistaken? I can send you the full Avatar list as well.

I can, but I would prefer to get his blessing first, so I did message him.

I'm not going to lie, I'm terrible at making threads and getting the details right with pictures

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
Hope Wideman has a big team against his former club. All I ask is tough, hard hockey and players to play as a team.

Let's do this

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad