Value of: Sean Walker and Travis Konecny

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
does a prospect like Tverberg move the needle for Walker?
Tverberg is looking like a late round steal!!,
A late physical bloomer who is putting it all together
Wait what? not Tverberg, he is a gem!!, If the Flyers were to be offered that deal they take it and run

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
I think it will depend on where they stand at TDL. No team throws in the towel when they are in a playoff spot.
Both Jones and Briere have said they are keeping an eye on the future regardless of exceeding expectations early. Getting Drysdale leaves no room for Walker; he is going for sure. They will extend TK and Frost is coming into his own.

Laughton is more likely to go, and could help teams with PK and ability to play 3C or LW.

Hathaway might garner interest.

They would trade Seeler for the right offer and they will give Staal away for a late pick. Risto and Atkinson will be next year’s TDL fodder.

Last edited:

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
Both Jones and Briere have said they are keeping an eye on the future regardless of exceeding expectations early. Getting Drysdale leaves no room for Walker; he is going for sure. They just gave Konecny the C, so they would need to be blown away to deal him.

Laughton is more likely to go, and could help teams with PK and ability to play 3C or LW.
Wasn’t that a fake account that TK was given captain?

I mean, it may happen but I’m pretty sure the only person with a letter is Laughton (A) at the moment.

Reactions: Larry44

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016

I mean, it may happen but I’m pretty sure the only person with a letter is Laughton (A) at the moment.
whats your take on Walker?
is he gritty?
does he have a good clapper?
and would a prospect like Tverberg move the needle?

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
They are selling. Losing Hart has trashed any hope of the playoffs. Walker is going for sure, a couple others too.
Ersson has been just as good as Hart…

Yes, evil gritty is a hilarious troll. Crazy how many people fell for it

Nickhr

Jan 24, 2024
Ritchie is a similar prospect and a guy id say is elite himself. Forgot about him tbh

Pronmans list likely includes guys taken hifher than Cowan/Ritchie who aren't having as good seasons as them but have draft pick value/upside (Marco casper, Shane Wright, type of guys)

Cowan/Ritchie arent franchise prospects who you can be assured will be 1Cs/1W/Top2D

But they are pretty safe bet to be Top 6F/Top4D who can contribute heavily at the NHL level once they make the transition over

Ritchie + 2024 1st + 2024 2nd for Konecny@50% is the exact type of deal avs should offer for Konecny
I think you are overrating Cowan. It would be hard to find any list that has him in the top 25 prospects. Maybe top 50, but that's not a guarantee. Undersized players are hit and miss, even if they score in juniors at a better pace than bigger guys, so I wouldn't say he is a safe bet. With that said, him and a first is a fair offer but asking to retain salary too is a big ask.

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
Travis Konecny's value is "Kasper, ASP, a first and maybe Danielson" if you follow the trade forum.

Yes that got locked 😆

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Travis Konecny's value is "Kasper, ASP, a first and maybe Danielson" if you follow the trade forum.

Yes that got locked 😆
Kasper or ASP and a first is about right.

Yes that got locked 😆
Kasper or ASP and a first is about right.

Limeyjim

Jan 4, 2017
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
My suspicions is that if the Flyers were going to trade one of their D that player would be Risto, Staal could also be dealt. Walker and Seeler have done a decent job working with Torts, making the other two defenders available.

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
My suspicions is that if the Flyers were going to trade one of their D that player would be Risto, Staal could also be dealt. Walker and Seeler have done a decent job working with Torts, making the other two defenders available.
Risto improved the most under Torts. Tougher contract.

trade all 3 of Walker, Seeler and Staal.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Hypothetically speaking of course, what would an honest package look like to snag them both out of Philly?

Would Philly even entertain it?
After the Cutter trade I don't see how in the world you can trade TK unless it is such a ridiculous offer. Flyers have a lot of winger talent but they don't project to line 1 talent with the exception of Mickhov.

Walker value goes likes this If flyers can trade 3 and walker for a 1 its a done deal. I have questions if they get the 1. I will say it will be more than a 2 though. Is that the ada 2,3,4? Brandon Dillon 2 2's? Seeler and Walker for a 1? All depends how desperate teams get. If you are Tampa after the Serge injury would u trade a 1 for walker or walker/seeler? Tampa always trade for players with 1.5 years left on the deal. Leafs? For those wondering how Walker has played he has been a legit 4 dman. In perfect world your d is elite and walker is the 5. But that sure isn't too many teams.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
whats your take on Walker?
is he gritty?
does he have a good clapper?
and would a prospect like Tverberg move the needle?
Walker I would not call "gritty"
Walker is very sound.
He makes the outlet pass well above average out of the zone.
It is rare he is out of position.
Professional number 4 guy.

If I am Flyers I want the one and pick the apple off the tree.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
He's similar to a younger version of Marchand. Which is why I want the Flyers to keep him!
I'd keep Konecny, unless blown away by an offer. The Flyers should be trading Risto or Walker, and Laughton. Risto can be held back until the offseason or next year's TDL. Walker could help some teams now. Seeler could go too, and Staal should be given away for a late pick to a team needing playoff depth.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
I think it will depend on where they stand at TDL. No team throws in the towel when they are in a playoff spot.

They are 100% going to be selling assets. Briere has said it. Jones has said it. Even Torts has said it. Management seems generally aware of where they are in the rebuild process, which is very early.

Their prospect pool is 1 Michkov, a grab bag of of potential secondary pieces, some promising goalies and nothing else. They need both quality and quantity, and they know at this juncture they won't make any real noise in the playoffs even if they get in.

Meanwhile, they're way too far up to bottom out and find themselves in a good lottery spot. I think to the franchise, missing the playoffs and picking like, 14th is worth less than the experience, credibility, and playoff revenue that they'd gain by making them and instead picking 18th or 19th.

On the ice, they'll still try to win every game. That may get harder if they remove 2-4 current roster players, but they could go .500 from here on out and likely be in contention for the playoffs in game 82.

They have 2 mid-to-late 1st round picks this year already. If they can get that up to 4, they might have the juice to move up in the draft or swing a major trade for a young RFA. Worst case, they'll have quite a few cracks at hitting some talent in the first round.

Last edited:

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
They are selling. Losing Hart has trashed any hope of the playoffs. Walker is going for sure, a couple others too.
Ersson is good enough for flyers to make the playoffs. Cal you hold your breathe anytime he will play.

But if you get the right value you sell. If I get the Goodrow offer for Walker, I do it.

Limeyjim

Jan 4, 2017
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
I'd keep Konecny, unless blown away by an offer. The Flyers should be trading Risto or Walker, and Laughton. Risto can be held back until the offseason or next year's TDL. Walker could help some teams now. Seeler could go too, and Staal should be given away for a late pick to a team needing playoff depth.
Seeler leads the league in blocked shots, and at a time when the Flyers are down a starting goalie and relying on a rookie goalie to possibly go into the playoffs as the wildcard team, why in the world would you take away such an important defence man? Seeler should be untouchable. Risto won't be traded because of his huge contract, so Walker may be the D-man on the way out. I like Sean Walker, and Tort's has been getting the best out of him, but after acquiring Drysdale one of the defensemen will probably be traded. I'd rather lose Staal than any of the other defenders.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Seeler leads the league in blocked shots, and at a time when the Flyers are down a starting goalie and relying on a rookie goalie to possibly go into the playoffs as the wildcard team, why in the world would you take away such an important defence man? Seeler should be untouchable. Risto won't be traded because of his huge contract, so Walker may be the D-man on the way out. I like Sean Walker, and Tort's has been getting the best out of him, but after acquiring Drysdale one of the defensemen will probably be traded. I'd rather lose Staal than any of the other defenders.
It really depends on what your goal is. Do you want the team to win the Cup someday before we all die, or do you want to assemble a high-quality team and build to a Cup run? They are one-and-done if they squeak into the playoffs, but it's only going to mean they don't get a top level prospect.

This year's unexpected success is really going to doom the team to #PerpetualMediocrity if they do stupid things like extending mediocre Dmen like Seeler and average guys like Walker. They need need to upgrade their top lines and top D pairings, and hope they have a top goalie in the system, because the franchise goalie turned out to be a criminal. The surprise of Poehling's play, with his speed and size making him an ideal 4C, has made Laughton expendable , and he should go for some prime Dpicks or a comparable young player.

To evaluate players, look at the lineups of recent top teams like Vegas, Tampa, Colorado, Boston and ask yourself, could Walker, Seeler or Ristolainen even get out of their press box? Answer: Obviously not. Then we don't need them going forward.

Staal was acquired to be traded, but Torts hasn't played him enough to build any value. The only teams that might take him are ones who know him, e.g. Fla or NYR, maybe Edm.

Jones and Briere talked about a rebuild. Were they blowing smoke or serious? They aren't doing it if they don't jettison tradeable assets for futures. Seeler will never have higher value. And they could re-up him in the offseason as a 6/7D if they want. Walker's value dipped but, like Laughton, he's playing better lately. Trade them all. Acquire some future assets. Build to be competitive with good team in a few years, and to take a run at the Cup in 2027-28 and beyond, once Michkov gets settled in.

If they don't do this, they'll end up with 15 more years of the same squeaking in every other year and being mired in perpetual mediocrity. It's put up or shut up for a rebuild. Their fan base understands, do they?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad