Player Discussion Sean Monahan

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Kent Hughes just said if Monahan play like before, he want to keep him with Montreal.

I really always like Sean Monahan, his injuries don't help him... but only 28 years old in October next season, he can rebound and if he rebound... Habs have a pretty good C in their line up.

Welcome to Montreal!!

Reactions: Tetragrammaton

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
IMO Monahan is better suited for Eastern Conf speed game & MSLs concept will suit him well.

Really like this move
Famous speedster with two consecutive hip surgeries in the last two years Sean Monahan will zip through the Eastern Conference like a hot knife through butter

Jokes aside, his NHL career is nearing its end and it isn’t his fault. He’s a dedicated pro and he’s done everything asked of him or suggested to him to prolong his time in the NHL. If the surgeries fix his problems that’s fantastic, this is a contract year after all. If not, then there is no shame — he tried to make it work, it just didn’t.

He’s got character and was beloved in Calgary. If we’re going to have a stinker of a season I’d rather have it with no-fuss and good guys like Sean Monahan. Hoping for the best for him.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Slaf in the ahl

Dadonov - Suzuki - Caufield
Drouin - Dach - Anderson
Monahan - Dvorak - Gallagher
Pitlick/Hoffman - Evans - Armia
Byron, Pezzetta

Reactions: NewEraGM

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
His wrist injury completely changed his shot (which was his best weapon) and the last hip injury hurt his skating quite a lot. Now there's another hip surgery on top of that (on the other side).

There's just no realistic path for him to being good again.

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
Dadonov-Suzuki-Caufeld
Drouin-Dvorak-Anderson
Dach-Monahan\Evans-Gally
Hoffman-Evans/Monahan-Armia
Pezetta-Pitlick-Byron( IR)

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
are you talking about the team overall for points or Monahan specifically

🤔 :D
why-not-both-why-not.gif

• Haha
Reactions: L4br3cqu3

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Excuse my ignorance on the matter. What is the deal with Monahan? What were his injuries and what was the impact on his game. Prior to Covid he had a PPG season and was always hovering around those type of numbers. I always liked him, he was solid.

Any chance, given the decline and accounting for his injuries that he gets it back?

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Excuse my ignorance on the matter. What is the deal with Monahan? What were his injuries and what was the impact on his game. Prior to Covid he had a PPG season and was always hovering around those type of numbers. I always liked him, he was solid.

Any chance, given the decline and accounting for his injuries that he gets it back?

One wrist, two hips.

Unlikely, but not impossible.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
I try to watch a lot of Flames games. Monahan really started falling off during the 2019-20 season but then after some time off had a solid playoff in the bubble. He then got off to a really good start in 2020-21 but his effectiveness fell off a cliff. Sutter tried to give him every opportunity when he took over as coach partway through that 20-21 season but Monahan just couldn't do anything and had hip surgery before the season ended. He was completely ineffective last year.

Monahan was never a strong skater but his mobility has really been hampered by his injuries in recent seasons. I just can't see him getting his mojo back as his body seems to be falling apart. Surprisingly he has been very good in the face-off dot despite the injuries. He might now be the Habs best face-off man. We all know face-offs have been an organizational weakness for many years.

I'm amazed that Molson has opened up the purse strings to take on salary for a pick that might not be ours until 2026.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Interesting addition but makes me wonder where this leaves the other addition this summer, Dach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad