Claimed off Waivers: [SEA] Kraken claim G Magnus Hellberg off waivers from the Senators

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Makes sense with Grubauer still out. Thought the Devils might be interested in putting in a claim to have a band-aid backup for the next few weeks with Blackwood and Bernier out, but Seattle would have had higher waiver priority.

And I think most of the goalie gear nerds will be happy to see this set in action again.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I remember reading a little trivia factoid after he beat Dallas earlier this season.....IIRC it said that Hellberg was the first goalie in NHL history to get his first three career wins, with three different teams (one each with the Rangers, Wings, and Sens).

Seems inevitable now that he'll extend that record with Seattle.

Pretty cool. :laugh:

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
If we wanted to yes but we probably will keep him on the roster and send Daccord back down to reset the 10 game/30 days for Daccord.

Note, this doesn't reset the 10/30, it just pauses the countdown timer. Daccord is currently at 1 game and 18 days on the roster.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Makes sense with Grubauer still out. Thought the Devils might be interested in putting in a claim to have a band-aid backup for the next few weeks with Blackwood and Bernier out, but Seattle would have had higher waiver priority.

And I think most of the goalie gear nerds will be happy to see this set in action again.

Wow. The logo is still awful and only looks good on the home jerseys. These are abominations.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Note, this doesn't reset the 10/30, it just pauses the countdown timer. Daccord is currently at 1 game and 18 days on the roster.

really? That's new to me that a sending down doesn't reset. I was under the impression that it was all part of the same call up that he can't go more than 10 games or 30 days before having to be re-waived.

Then again the waiver rules are so darn complicated so its hard to really understand them.

Last edited:

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
really? That's new to me that a sending down doesn't reset. I was under the impression that it was all part of the same call up that he can't go more than 10 games or 30 days before having to be re-waived.

Then again the waiver rules are so darn complicated so its hard to really understand them.

Here’s the full rule:

13.2 The "Playing Season Waiver Period" shall begin on the twelfth (12th) day prior to the start of the Regular Season and end on the day following the last day of a Club's Playing Season. Subject to the provisions of this Article, the rights to the services of a Player may be Loaned to a club of another league, upon fulfillment of the following conditions, except when elsewhere expressly prohibited:

(a) Regular Waivers were requested and cleared during the Playing Season Waiver Period; and

(b) the Player has not played in ten (10) or more NHL Games cumulative since Regular Waivers on him were last cleared, and more than thirty (30) days cumulative on an NHL roster have not passed since Regular Waivers on him were last cleared.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
Here’s the full rule:

13.2 The "Playing Season Waiver Period" shall begin on the twelfth (12th) day prior to the start of the Regular Season and end on the day following the last day of a Club's Playing Season. Subject to the provisions of this Article, the rights to the services of a Player may be Loaned to a club of another league, upon fulfillment of the following conditions, except when elsewhere expressly prohibited:

(a) Regular Waivers were requested and cleared during the Playing Season Waiver Period; and

(b) the Player has not played in ten (10) or more NHL Games cumulative since Regular Waivers on him were last cleared, and more than thirty (30) days cumulative on an NHL roster have not passed since Regular Waivers on him were last cleared.

Since last cleared waivers not last call up. Okay.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Always wonder what it's like logistically when guys end up swapped back and forth a bunch like this. I'd guess things are a bit streamlined, since they get to know the franchise, the facilities, the people and players involved, the equipment guy probably already has a good idea what to expect. But it's gotta be a least a little bit annoying.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad