Confirmed Trade: [SEA/COL] Tomas Tatar for 2024 5th round pick

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
Tatar belongs by the ocean. Good move for Seattle, his sauce will serve them well as he chips in on offense and fishes for a new deal to stay in the league.
1702748402363.gif

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
I was about to come in and shit on the Kraken for providing cap relief to the Devils without making it worth Seattle's while thinking Tatar makes like $4 million against the cap. Surprised to see he only makes $1.5 mil. Nothing to lose here for the Kraken.
another jets fan who wonders why the hell is colorado mentioned in the title and hellebuyck didn't return mercer, nemec and a 1st.

I'd take him on the habs... Want Anderson? :sarcasm:
seattle opts for andeson's value in draft picks: a 1st +

Reactions: TS Quint

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Gosh whatever happened to this 3rd overall pick??? Injuries?

I don't think so , he doesn't use his elite speed with confidence and doesn't know how to put himself in a position to seperate himself from more agile defenseman in order for him to leverage his hands to make a nice pass (he is not a goal scorer even at his best). He may have some lingiring injury issues now but I just don't think he is the time of player that fits into a modern top 6 role. (Which he needs to be in as his defensive acumen is suspect at best)

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Glad he had a game last night.
He put out plenty of effort with the Avs, but just wasn't as good a fit as Drouin (only 1 could really survive IMO on the roster)

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
He's a fun player to watch when he wants to, he works hard actually, but just can't elevate his level of play when it matters. Still, really appreciated the guy when he was with my Habs, seems like a great guy overall too (of course I don't know him, but from what I did read a bit everywhere).

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Gosh whatever happened to this 3rd overall pick??? Injuries?

Quite a few physical injuries, and the speculative part of me speculates quite a bit of mental ailments too.

He was pretty good for a bit, but he also got put in the worst possible position as an underperformer. He was not only a local with lofty 3rd oa expectations, but Bergevin acquired him with expectations that he would become the Habs #1 center. Couple that with Sergachev winning cups in Tampa and being the heir apparent to Hedman... and Drouin became an easy scapegoat for our rabid fanbase.

I took so much shit for being right lol, Devils fans never came back to chirp me though I wonder why

It was really weird to me why Colorado took a shot, but maybe they just wanted that help to get to the playoffs for some reason? Since they got a 5th, I guess it was worth the try.

Tatar seems like a really good player to have on a rebuilding team. Im surprised a Chicago, Anaheim or San Jose didnt try their luck. Could be good to help youger players while taking some of the heat/responsibilities so they dont get too overwhelmed.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
It was really weird to me why Colorado took a shot, but maybe they just wanted that help to get to the playoffs for some reason? Since they got a 5th, I guess it was worth the try.

Tatar seems like a really good player to have on a rebuilding team. Im surprised a Chicago, Anaheim or San Jose didnt try their luck. Could be good to help youger players while taking some of the heat/responsibilities so they dont get too overwhelmed.
On paper getting a ~50 pt player for $1.5 mil made a ton of sense since the Avs had a hole in the top 6.

The Avs still do, but it's an entire 2nd line hole.

Reactions: abo9

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad