Claimed off Waivers: [SEA] Alex Barre-Boulet claimed off waivers by the Kraken from the Lightning

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
I thought Seattle was already tough to get down to the 23 man roster…. Waiting to see who is on their LTI

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Not saying he’ll stick in the NHL, but how is 15 games equals to plenty of chances?
He was fed top line minutes and pp time. He didn't produce at all and other young players steppes up and offer more of they can't score.

Piffle

Oct 31, 2007
He was fed top line minutes and pp time. He didn't produce at all and other young players steppes up and offer more of they can't score.

Giving up on prospects after 15 NHL games is piss poor asset management. You can't see full potential when they have that little exposure to the NHL.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Giving up on prospects after 15 NHL games is piss poor asset management. You can't see full potential when they have that little exposure to the NHL.
The guy is 24 and will need to play top 6 to have a shot. Not sure if you have considered Tampa's top 6 but he can not replace any of tem at this point. ABB is a limited talent he can snip but can not make play by hisself and he is a defensive liability. The only chance he had was to light it up in camp this year, he did not. JBB and the coaching staff held on to him until they had top make the hard choice. Heck they could have traded him in the off season for a pick. SO exactly how did he not have his chances. The fan base has been wanting him to step up for two years. What he did in the Q only moderatly transfered to the AHL and he was just in a stacked system. Now does he make it in Seattle? He might if they can put him with a talented center in the top6 otherwise he will flame out in the bottom 6. There is a chance but its slight.

Reactions: 30 Games Steve

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
The guy is 24 and will need to play top 6 to have a shot. Not sure if you have considered Tampa's top 6 but he can not replace any of tem at this point. ABB is a limited talent he can snip but can not make play by hisself and he is a defensive liability. The only chance he had was to light it up in camp this year, he did not. JBB and the coaching staff held on to him until they had top make the hard choice. Heck they could have traded him in the off season for a pick. SO exactly how did he not have his chances. The fan base has been wanting him to step up for two years. What he did in the Q only moderatly transfered to the AHL and he was just in a stacked system. Now does he make it in Seattle? He might if they can put him with a talented center in the top6 otherwise he will flame out in the bottom 6. There is a chance but its slight.
He was given 15 games of top 6 playing time and pp time. He did not produce tampa needed to fill their bottom 6. He can't play bottom 6 and is not better than anyone on their top 6. Tampa is trying to 3peat not please an underperformed prospect.

banks

W W W 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Aug 29, 2019
Can't blame Tampa for waiving him. That's what Halle s when good teams have depth. The league makes sure you can't hoard players like this.

I'm betting Seattle got a gem, though.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
The guy is 24 and will need to play top 6 to have a shot. Not sure if you have considered Tampa's top 6 but he can not replace any of tem at this point. ABB is a limited talent he can snip but can not make play by hisself and he is a defensive liability.

He's not a defensive liability. Looked very responsible whenever I've seen him and the underlying stats from his NHL time back that up.

Reactions: hn777

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
He was given 15 games of top 6 playing time and pp time. He did not produce tampa needed to fill their bottom 6. He can't play bottom 6 and is not better than anyone on their top 6. Tampa is trying to 3peat not please an underperformed prospect.
You said it in a lot few words than I did I agree.

He's not a defensive liability. Looked very responsible whenever I've seen him and the underlying stats from his NHL time back that up.

You can look at advanced stats all you wish he was on the ice 5x5 with our top two lines and they are pretty good defensively absent Kuch. Killer, Stammer, Palat and Point can cover a weak player pretty well defensively. I do not recall seeing ABB on the PK at all. When you watch him skate he does pretty well forward but when he transitions to skating backward defensively he is just not good enough. I am not saying he is a hopeless case but his skill set is far too limited to play top 6 with Tampa's guys. CAn he do it in Seattle wellllll the proof will be in the pudding I guess.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
I'll trade the second cup and going for a 3peat over ABB anyway. I hope he makes a nhl career but he isn't the missing piece needed for a 3peat. Best of luck ABB.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad