GDT: SCQF Game 1 | Leafs vs Habs - 5/20/21 @ 7:30pm - CBC, SN, TVAS

Which leafs scores first?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Thought I'd start us off, worked out well last time we played them. Let's get fired up and beat them bad.

Toronto Maple Leafs (0-0-0) | 7-2-1 vs Montreal

Projected Lineup

Blue Winter Hockey Poster-2.png
EXTRAS:
Forwards
: Adam Brooks, Pierre Engvall, Alex Galchenyuk, Dennis Malgin
Defence: Travis Dermott, Ben Hutton, Martin Marincin
Goalies: David Rittich

Regular Season Stat Leaders
Goal Leaders
- 1. Auston Matthews (41 goals) 2. Mitch Marner (20 goals) 3. John Tavares (19 goals)
Assist Leaders - 1. Mitch Marner (47 assists) 2. John Tavares (31 assists) 3. Morgan Rielly (30 assists)
Point Leaders - 1. Mitch Marner (67 points) 2. Auston Matthews (66 points) 3. John Tavares (50 points)

Montreal "best team in the north" Scabs (0-0-0) | 3-6-1 vs Toronto

Habs Lineup.png
EXTRAS:
Forwards:
Alex Belzile, Cole Caufield, Laurent Dauphin, Micheal Frolik, Jesper Kotkaniemi, Lukas Vejdemo, Jesse Ylonen,
Defence: Erik Gustafsson, Otto Leskinen, Alexander Romanov, Cale Fleury, Xavier Ouellette
Goalies: Charlie Lindgren, Michael Mcniven, Caden Primeau
*Drouin will not return due to personal reasons.
Regular Season Stat Leaders (lol)
Goal Leaders - 1. Tyler Toffoli (28 goals) 2. Josh Anderson (17 goals) 3. Nick Suzuki (15 goals)
Assist Leaders - 1. Jeff Petry (30 assists) 2. Nick Suzuki (26 assists) 3. Jonathan Drouin (21 assists)
Point Leaders - 1. Tyler Toffoli (44 points) 2. Jeff Petry (42 assists) 3. Nick Suzuki (41 assists)

Keys to The Game.png

Key #1 - Auston "our hero" Matthews - After a pretty excellent performance in last years play in and a rocket Richard win this regular season expect big things from him tonight. Let's see him pop a few tonight.
Key #2 - Questionable Special Teams - After a lousy few months, hopefully a week of practice is able to get our power play back to what it was in January. With numerous excellent offensive weapons in Matthews, Marner, Tavares, Nylander, Rielly, Sandin, there is no reason it can't be lethal.
Key #3 - Riley Nash's Debut - His first game for Toronto. What to expect? A good defensive shutdown center. Curious to see what his impact will be on line 3.
Key #4 - Hungry Veterans - Thornton, Spezza, Foligno, Nash, Simmonds are all older guys with no cup. Expect some big performances from these guys.

Favourable Clips.png

Mike Foligno's Memorable Game Winner will Nick Follow suit?

A Comeback to Remember.

Kasper Kapanen's OT Winner
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNzgn1tAPak

--------------------

Let's go out and win this one!!! It's our time to shine. Would love to see us go for a run and put that fanbase back in their place. GO LEAFS GO!

ca220d64d6ed311680899dfdd3e0f6d6.jpg

Last edited:

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Pumped for this game. Hopefully, the leafs smoke the habs.

My biggest concern for tomorrow is whether the mods decide the reject this GDT for the main playoff board thread due to it insulting the habs. Ha, habs suck but not sure if the Mods would allow for this to be the main GDT.

On ice wise, I'm expecting dominance

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
My biggest concern for tomorrow is whether the mods decide the reject this GDT for the main playoff board thread due to it insulting the habs. Ha, habs suck but not sure if the Mods would allow for this to be the main GDT.

Haha that's why I'm a little reluctant to put this on the main boards lol.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Haha that's why I'm a little reluctant to put this on the main boards lol.
Yea I think they might not allow it. I think they usually take the home team GDT and make it the playoff thread GDT, but not sure if they use habs GDT instead?

A few years back think we didn't have one up early in the day and they ended up using the Bruins GDT instead. Oh if only we had won that series, would have had to make a thread about that lool

Reactions: Mitch nylander

TopChedder

Oct 2, 2013
My favourite Leafs video ever. Wendel is the perfect example of “they don’t make them like they used too”.

Also great GDT. GLG

The glory years of real hockey players.

They would all get penalized for being too mean to others players today.

Reactions: DirkStraun

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Listen to ole mikey for once, 34 won't let us lose this one. We can win this whole series with a blowout first period, gotta send the message that these motherf***ers have NO CHANCE.

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
Listen to ole mikey for once, 34 won't let us lose this one. We can win this whole series with a blowout first period, gotta send the message that these motherf***ers have NO CHANCE.

I've been feeling the same way, but the last few hours the LPTSD has been kicking in. :help:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad