Player Discussion: Scouting report requested for Bud Holloway

triplcrown

Jul 23, 2006
SF Valley, SoCal
I noticed that Bud Holloway was leading the SEL in scoring at this time, continuing his offensive success from last season.

I respectfully request a new, brief scouting report on Holloway's overall play.
(I had a thread last season about him as well).

Is he playing an all-round game, or is he just a pure offensive player who
floats a lot and waits for others to make the defensive plays and get him the puck?

Does he back-check much at all?

Is there any significant physical element to his game?

Also----How is his skating?

Does he look like a player with a bright (NHL) future, or a fluke?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Pirateking

Jan 26, 2013
Hey! was scimming through the boards and saw this thread, and as i'm a Skellefteå-fan, I guess i could give you a quick update :)

He is great on the offense, but not so much on the defense. To sum it up in short!

Great sense, sees where the passes should go, and got a hard slapshot, and not afraid to stand up for himself.

However in the defensive and neutral zone he tends to be too sloppy, seen a couple of really bad mistakes this season, but what he lacks in the defense he makes up for in offense, at least in this league! He's great at setting up plays!

The skating isn't something out of the ordinary, he's an average skater.

I would say that he has the potential to be in the big league, if he finds his defensive skills and get a little tougher. Though i can't see him ever breaking into a first line:shakehead

Skellhell

Nov 29, 2008
North Pole
65 points in 50 games! Could beat the record for most assists in a season. Tony MÃ¥rtensson currently holds it with 50, bud's got 46 with 5 games left.

svartgul

Hata Löven
May 9, 2007
Beyond the Infinite
www.northpower.nu
65 points in 50 games! Could beat the record for most assists in a season. Tony MÃ¥rtensson currently holds it with 50, bud's got 46 with 5 games left.

Last year he broke the record for most points in the SEL Playoffs, now he beat the record for most points ever by a Skellefteå player, the record for most points by a foreign player in SEL, and might beat the record for most assists and quite possibly most points total which is held by Loob at 76 but that would be asking for too much. Man....

Last edited:

SurMartin

Jul 26, 2010
København/Skellefteå
Last year he broke the record for most points in the SEL Playoffs, now he beat the record for most points ever by a Skellefteå player, the record for most points by a foreign player in SEL, and might beat the record for most assists and quite possibly most points total which is held by Loob at 76 but that would be asking for too much. Man....

If only his parents would stay for the remaining games. He has gotten 3+0, 1+1, 1+2 and 0+5 during the games when they've been in town. :laugh:

Systemfel

<b><i>Hockey Talk by Country</b></i>
Jun 20, 2004
Gothenburg
650k on a one-way? Most SHLers would have taken that offer. Of course, he might have gotten waived anyway, but he could have asked for an out if they assigned him to Manchester.

Last edited:

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
It doesn't make sense they're lowballing him anyway, which it actually is. Bud is worth a one-way deal in the neighborhood of Söderberg's $, so they can't bury his contract. That's the type of stability you should demand at his age and with his pedigree. I can see why he'd rather just wait on hitting UFA or getting traded than take that.

BPilgrim

Dec 14, 2010
Any truth to the rumours circling twitter?

Don't know if they're true but I heard them like a month ago and that he already then had decided to stay in Skellefteå. If it's the same rumours, that is...

SurMartin

Jul 26, 2010
København/Skellefteå
Don't know if they're true but I heard them like a month ago and that he already then had decided to stay in Skellefteå. If it's the same rumours, that is...
:facepalm:
You're talking about some of the off-ice rumors some Luleå-fans spread during the playoffs aren't you? HFBoards has reached an all time high!
loob better watch out. holloway might break the magical 76 points.
Nah, can't do it without Rögle. :sarcasm:

BPilgrim

Dec 14, 2010
:facepalm:
You're talking about some of the off-ice rumors some Luleå-fans spread during the playoffs aren't you? HFBoards has reached an all time high!

Don't know really but I think not. I guess none of us know what's true or not so there's probably no point in discussing it any further though.

SurMartin

Jul 26, 2010
København/Skellefteå
Don't know really but I think not. I guess none of us know what's true or not so there's probably no point in discussing it any further though.
The only "rumors" concerning Holloway that are true are those that say he's the best payed guy in the history of the organization, that he and his family consider Skellefteå their second home and that we are very lucky to have him here. :)

Edit: wow, seems I can't write in english when I'm tired.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad