Confirmed with Link: Scottie Upshall signs one year deal for 2016-2017 [900K one-way]

jura

booze & blues
Mar 29, 2012
Zagreb, Croatia
ST. LOUIS – St. Louis Blues President of Hockey Operations and General Manager Doug Armstrong announced today the club has signed forward Scottie Upshall to a one-year, two-way contract.

Upshall, 31, dressed in 63 regular season games with the Florida Panthers last season, posting 15 points (eight goals, seven assists) and 28 penalty minutes.

The 6-foot, 200-pound forward is a veteran of 12 National Hockey League (NHL) seasons including stints with Florida, Columbus, Phoenix, Philadelphia and Nashville.

Overall, the Fort McMurray, Alberta, native has accumulated 234 points (115 goals, 119 assists) and 480 penalty minutes in 553 career regular season games, as well as 10 points (four goals, six assists) and 48 penalty minutes in 26 career postseason games.

Upshall was originally drafted by Nashville in the first round (sixth overall) of the 2002 NHL Draft.

http://blues.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=781731

upshalls620.jpg

Last edited:

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Blues sign Upshall

@jprutherford: Upshall's contract is $700,000 in the NHL, $200,000 in the AHL. #stlblues

Good signing IMO. Very low risk with it being a two-way deal and he provides good depth. Plays hard, all out effort, gritty and can pop in a few goals here and there too.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
ST. LOUIS – St. Louis Blues President of Hockey Operations and General Manager Doug Armstrong announced today the club has signed forward Scottie Upshall to a one-year, two-way contract.

Upshall, 31, dressed in 63 regular season games with the Florida Panthers last season, posting 15 points (eight goals, seven assists) and 28 penalty minutes.

The 6-foot, 200-pound forward is a veteran of 12 National Hockey League (NHL) seasons including stints with Florida, Columbus, Phoenix, Philadelphia and Nashville.

Overall, the Fort McMurray, Alberta, native has accumulated 234 points (115 goals, 119 assists) and 480 penalty minutes in 553 career regular season games, as well as 10 points (four goals, six assists) and 48 penalty minutes in 26 career postseason games.

Upshall was originally drafted by Nashville in the first round (sixth overall) of the 2002 NHL Draft.

http://blues.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=781731

upshalls620.jpg

He looks so happy.

Welcome to the Lou Scottie.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
upshall is a good player and a good 3rd/4th line playoff performer. good signing

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Added 4th Line depth, and decent 3rd Line fill-in, near the minimum salary and cap hit, and on a 2-way contract with only $200,000 when in The AHL. Can't lose. He'll be a better option than Ott.

craws

Apr 16, 2015
We'll never see it, but wouldn't it be great to have a checking line consisting of:
Upshall - Brodziak - Brouwer

I can't see Ott or Reaves going anywhere, but that checking line has more speed and talent, yet still brings the pain.

We would have a 4th line that actually could score a few goals. That's not too common these days. Just thinking out loud...

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Yawns... Upshall is the final piece to a franchise that has yet to win anything. :sarcasm:

You say dumb **** like this all the time. Do you think the Hawks or the Kings never sign role players? All they ever sign is superstars? You need depth to win. That has been proven over and over again. It's why the Hawks dominate and the Pens and Ducks don't. Top end talent is similar on both teams, Hawks have them in depth.

bluemandan

Ya Ma Goo!
Mar 18, 2008
You say dumb **** like this all the time. Do you think the Hawks or the Kings never sign role players? All they ever sign is superstars? You need depth to win. That has been proven over and over again. It's why the Hawks dominate and the Pens and Ducks don't. Top end talent is similar on both teams, Hawks have them in depth.

The Hawks win because Brian Campbell is the only star who had a real cap hit until this season. Keith and Hossa are on back-diving contracts over a decade long and Kane/Toews took a discount on their RFA deals with the promise of big checks later.

sbkbghockey

Aug 26, 2008
at the ice rink, USA

The one thing about Upshall is that I would have liked the Blues to sign a veteran playoff/Stanley Cup performer. Upshall has 1 playoff goal in the last 9 seasons. He has 4 goals, 6 assists in 26 NHL playoff games.

MortiestOfMortys

Jun 27, 2015
Denver, CO
The one thing about Upshall is that I would have liked the Blues to sign a veteran playoff/Stanley Cup performer. Upshall has 1 playoff goal in the last 9 seasons. He has 4 goals, 6 assists in 26 NHL playoff games.

The one thing about that is that those players don't cost $700k and play on the 4th line

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Goood point. Upshall and now Gomez are super low risk! DA got a them at awesomely low prices.

I just don't want Gomez being available keeping Rattie from getting his NHL trial before The Blues can decide to keep him or not, and then, by default, they'll have to trade him off for less than if they had "showcased him", and he played well in The NHL.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Love how low price Upshall agree. Very unrated PK'er and great extra booster giver. True team player! Great sign by Army!!

scottie-upshall-and-kyle-brodziak-of-the-st-louis-blues-celebrate-picture-id523582156

PS. Maybe Mod's can change topic to correct one, bit misleading.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
this signals otts departure pretty much. jaskin and upshall both take his spot, not to mention sobotka likely returning.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Love Upshall and the energy he brings. This was a no-brainer.

No reason to bring Ott back.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Didn't like Upshall to start the season but he grew on me as time went on. Happy with this signing.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Good grief, I just realized this was a 2-way contract. Very team-friendly.

I don't think it's 2-way...it was last year, and this is just a bump of the original thread to announce the most recent $900k contract. I'd have to believe that it's a one-way this go around, and that the title needs a mod-edit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad