Speculation: Scott Sandelin?

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
I thought knoblach was the right path amateur success time as an assistant as a pro. The big shift I feel can be just as much an adjustment for a coach as a player.
I think hakstol would have benefitted from getting seasoned in the ahl and understanding his own strengths and weaknesses. Instead Seattle will reap the rewards of that experience.

prototypical4thliner

Jan 12, 2017
I thought knoblach was the right path amateur success time as an assistant as a pro. The big shift I feel can be just as much an adjustment for a coach as a player.
I think hakstol would have benefitted from getting seasoned in the ahl and understanding his own strengths and weaknesses. Instead Seattle will reap the rewards of that experience.
Regardless of if he is going to learn or not, I don’t think hakstol survives that roster long enough to provide any real positive results for them.

Don Nachbaur 26

Jun 23, 2008
Mount Joy, PA
They're not going to take that big of a risk. It's going to be either Tortorella, Tocchet, maybe Montgomery since they have the connections.
Sandelin too. Played with Hershey and was acquired by Clarke from Montreal for JJ Daigneault
1648297588479.png

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Not sure what Groulx has done to separate himself from the former NHL head coaches who some consider “dinosaurs.”

Groulx is 54 years old.

He’s head-coached 12 seasons of junior & 8 seasons in the AHL.

He won 3 QMJHL titles early in his career, but hasn’t done anything special since.

His AHL record is good, not great.

I don’t think he’s a bad coach, I just lump him in with a large group of “pretty good” coaches who would fall somewhere around the middle of an NHL coaching Sine Curve.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Again, not the route I think they will or should go, but if for some reason the Flyers went with an NCAA coach, I’d prefer Nate Leaman over Sandelin.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Sandelin too. Played with Hershey and was acquired by Clarke from Montreal for JJ Daigneault
View attachment 521976
He likely wasn’t here long enough and established his own path. That would be like when Vince McMahon meets someone he doesn’t remember that he fired. Only likely though, I still don’t trust it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad