Scott Harrington

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I do not think you are following unfortunately.

Take a deep breath - reread the OP's post and then reread my post trying to explain what he meant (post #242)

He did not need to be corrected. He was correct in what he said.

I believe you mis-read my post. I was correcting my post, because I did not specify the year I was posting about and it led to subsequent confusion in the replies below. The correction was actually for my post for not being clearer. It happens when you are typing so many thoughts sometimes.

Eb

Feb 27, 2011
Toronto
I believe you mis-read my post. I was correcting my post, because I did not specify the year I was posting about and it led to subsequent confusion in the replies below. The correction was actually for my post for not being clearer. It happens when you are typing so many thoughts sometimes.

Ahh, I see! Thanks

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Ahh, I see! Thanks

Sorry for being testy earlier but there are only so many explanations I can make on this. Anyway it is in the right thread now. Kessel.

Let's hope Harrington can make the team this year. He should be near ready.

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
Try to think of this deal not now but in 4 years when Kessel's PPG drops to around .5 and he's getting 8 large for another 3 years.

You mean when he's getting 6.8 for another 3 years.

As if it wouldn't be easy to trade him when he's only making $3.5 AAV in real dollars over the last two years.

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
You mean when he's getting 6.8 for another 3 years.

As if it wouldn't be easy to trade him when he's only making $3.5 AAV in real dollars over the last two years.

If we didn't trade him, he would be taking up 8 million in cap space in his last 3 seasons. Only making 3.5 in real money is great for budget teams, but for the rest of the league, the cap hit is what really matters. What would you get from a budget team? They are the teams who hold onto picks and prospects because that's the cheapest way to fill a roster.

M0NTY26

Force from Ma'gorsk
Feb 27, 2010
Just so you know this kid is going to be a stud. When he played Washington during his stint with the Pens, he marked Ovie and did an amazing job, esp. one on one. The way he carries himself is that of a leader too. I see some of Toews leadership qualities within this kid. You'll be very glad to call him a Leaf in a few years. Sad to see him go.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I put him ahead of Rielly. Lol no i don't know much about him actually. He is just getting to where development curves for defensemen sometimes just clicks for the better.

He's young and could be a nice addition.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Dubas and Hunter seem to love Harrington.

He's not a flashy point-getter, but not all D can be that. Need balance.

Former London Knight, I approve.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007

There has to be a way of circumventing the NHL draft and making the London Knights a feeder team for our Leafs. :D

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014

His numbers spiked significantly last year. He will be a good Call up defenseman for awhile it looks like. Lots of international expierence to. I would venture to call him one of out top defense prospects.

He has came on well the last year.

JackJ

Feb 7, 2012

They seem high on both D additions:

Scott Harrington

Assets: Can log a lot of ice time, since he's dependable in all three zones and usually quite mistake-free. Excels in puck movement and defensive situations. Owns decent size, too.
Flaws: Isn't a natural point-producing defenseman, so points won't be easy to come by at the highest level. Isn't very physical, something that would increase his overall value as a shutdown defender.
Career Potential: Steady, big-minute defenseman with upside.

Martin Marincin

Assets: Is quite lanky, with a very projectable 6-5 frame. Boasts great puck-moving qualities and offensive acumen. Also displays plenty of shutdown upside.
Flaws: Doesn't play enough of a physical game, which he will have to improve upon in order to maximize his all-round potential at the National Hockey League level.
Career Potential: Talented defenseman with good upside.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Watched him captain the London Knights to back-to-back OHL titles (was in the building for both). Glad he is making the most of this opportunity.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Thought it would be a good time to give Harrington some props for a terrific Rookie campaign so far. He had a couple of good games paired with Rielly and Gards but he has found a home for now hooked up with Polak on the 3rd pairing and has brought stability there.

Found these stats from a recent article to show how well he has been playing so far.

2105 TML TEAM STATS:

Scott Harrington:

CATEGORY STAT (RANKING)
CF% 54.65% (1ST)
SCA60 22.73 (1ST)
SCF%REL 5.97 (1ST)
HSCA60 26 (2ND)
HSCF%REL 3.51 (2ND)

It's not just the stats though as he looks good out there and has amazing hockey IQ in the D zone.

Sure he has been playing some sheltered minutes but he has been an absolute rock back there. When we picked him up, I said I thought he looked like the successor to Dmitri Yushkevich and he hasnt let me down yet.

What do you guys think of his upside now and how important is Harrington to the Leafs future? I havnt seen his name on the asset list yet even though it looks like he has become a solid NHLer at 22 with upside to come.

FriendlyGiant

Jul 28, 2006
Thought it would be a good time to give Harrington some props for a terrific Rookie campaign so far. He had a couple of good games paired with Rielly and Gards but he has found a home for now hooked up with Polak on the 3rd pairing and has brought stability there.

Found these stats from a recent article to show how well he has been playing so far.

2105 TML TEAM STATS:

Scott Harrington:

CATEGORY STAT (RANKING)
CF% 54.65% (1ST)
SCA60 22.73 (1ST)
SCF%REL 5.97 (1ST)
HSCA60 26 (2ND)
HSCF%REL 3.51 (2ND)

It's not just the stats though as he looks good out there and has amazing hockey IQ in the D zone.

Sure he has been playing some sheltered minutes but he has been an absolute rock back there. When we picked him up, I said I thought he looked like the successor to Dmitri Yushkevich and he hasnt let me down yet.

What do you guys think of his upside now and how important is Harrington to the Leafs future? I havnt seen his name on the asset list yet even though it looks like he has become a solid NHLer at 22 with upside to come.

I think he's been settling in as an NHLer. I like his mobility and he seems to play smart defensive hockey. The Yushkevich comparison is pretty strong at this point - Yushkevich was an absolute warrior. Still, I'm looking forward to seeing him develop further into a very solid 3rd-pairing D-man. Who knows - he may surprise us all and eventually work his way to 2nd-pairing.

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015

I'm a big fan. He might be the most defensively aware D on the team. Watch him during the game, his head is constantly on a swivel looking to find his assignment & act on it. He isn't the most naturally gifted D, but he's earned his ice by playing smart & with hard work

I've been pleasantly surprised in his composure when under pressure handling the puck in his own end. He is also pretty good in deciding when to pinch & when not to.

I would look at him as a future top 4 D, top 2 would probably be a stretch, but who know 6-7 years down the road.

dballislife2

Jul 7, 2011
most games i dont really notice him being good, but then i dont notice him being that bad either...which is good i guess, he stays back and has been steady for a rookie playing against 3 and 4 lines most nights...very encouraging

Woll Smoth

Mar 17, 2010
Mississauga
Big fan of his. He was definitely over shadowed by other pieces of the trade but he's been steady and effective. Perfect for a bottom paring role, and he's been pretty physical against opponents in the corners and especially so when defending in front of the net.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
kid's a rock imo. very pleasant surprise. plays much like the last 36 we had.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
I hope that Harrington can turn out to be very similar to what Karl Alzner did for the Washington Capitals.

Very early this season, Harrington has been very steady and hasn't had to play a ton of minutes.

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
Harrington could be huge for us down the road, likely in a 5/6 spot. He's so steady and stable defensively, I see him being a great compliment to our studs up front like Marner and Nylander down the road.

MacerV

Jul 10, 2015
Harrington could be huge for us down the road, likely in a 5/6 spot. He's so steady and stable defensively, I see him being a great compliment to our studs up front like Marner and Nylander down the road.

Sort of like how we hope Gauthier will blossom into an elite 3rd center for us I guess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad