Scott Harrington

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Remember him from team Canada. Solid 2 way defender. 6'2" Like him. Solid player.
Played on London Knights of all places.

"An assistant captain for the Knights as an 18-year-old, Harrington scored 3 goals with 23 assists and was plus-26 with 32 penalty minutes. Despite missing time with a shoulder injury and playing in just 44 games, he was named to the OHL 1st All Star team. The Knights rolled through the playoffs after finishing with the league’s best record. Harrington was plus-11 with 1 goal, 6 assists and 6 penalty minutes in 19 playoff games. London reached the Memorial Cup semifinal game and in four Memorial Cup games Harrington was minus-two with 3 assists. In five games at the WJC he scored 1 goal with 3 assists and was plus-seven. Canada defeated Finland in the bronze medal game."

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/scott_harrington/

JMcLeaf

I really liked him when he played for the Knights. Haven't followed him since he left so I'm not sure how he's looked in the AHL.

Brewsky

King Of The Ice Mugs
Jan 26, 2011
King County
www.brewsky.com
Heart and soul player, will leave it all on the ice, let's see what Hunter knows that we don't.

His skating is not NHL level though, but he's a great rearguard, stay at home type, has offensive capabilities but reminds me of an Alzner lite.

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
Seems to a prospect of a Stuart Percy level. Hopefully he's something a little more.

Honestly I think he is a slight level below Percy. Both are average skaters, but I think Percy just sees the game a bit better.

Certainly I don't think anyone can argue Percy has more to give offensively

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Really like this kid.

Preferred Pouliot, but this kid is real solid as well.

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
Bottom pair guy at best. If he even makes it at all.

Pens had a lot of injuries on the D and he still couldn't make the team, he was a very good junior and Captain of the Knights but I'm not sure if he has the foot speed to play in the nhl.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/scott_harrington/

Harrington is a reliable two-way defenseman with phenomenal hockey IQ and on ice-awareness. He is a strong, mobile skater and is particularly adept winning 50/50 battles in the corner and quickly getting the puck out of the defensive zone. Harrington has the vision and puck-skills to make good first passes and start the play up ice. He ultimately projects as a safe and smart stay-at-home defenseman capable of making a good first pass and playing 15-20 minutes a game.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
Possibly but no reason to force him into a spot. See who plays well in preseason

Sonic Disturbance

Grandmaster User
Jan 1, 2009
Not like Percy at all. Percy is more of a two-way puck-mover with better skating and puck skills. Harrington is better without the puck and is a stay-at-home guy who will make his money standing in front of the net, blocking shots, clearing the crease and chipping the puck out. I project a bottom-pairing NHL D-man. Percy has top-4 upside.

shelf

Nov 4, 2006
London ONtario
Seems like the Leafs have a ton of 22/23 year old defenceman who while nothing fancy might make solid bottom pairing guys.

Percy, Harrington, Granberg, Marincin, Loov, Finn, Nilsson.

You would think that between all of these guys that at least one of them will become a bit more than a 5/6 defender.

PhillyFrisco

Jun 29, 2007
www.blueprintz.ca
Nothing to see here.

Was arguably the worst dman on the WJCs in both years he was there.

5-6 Dman. Don't get your hopes up.

Kapanen may also bust. Terrible trade. Just terrible.

TheOtherSide

Sep 8, 2008
Ontario
One thing that should be noted is that he is a LHD. Would have been nice to have a stay at home RHD to play with a guy like Gardiner in a year or two.

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
lol...

Harrington is one of the main young defensive d men i would have targeted via trade.

He is a hell of a defensive d man and he moves the puck well too...

Sure hes nothing fancy but he will be a nice compliment to some of our puck movers like Gards and Rielly in the future.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Nothing to see here.

Was arguably the worst dman on the WJCs in both years he was there.

5-6 Dman. Don't get your hopes up.

Kapanen may also bust. Terrible trade. Just terrible.

Why is that, because he's Leaf property?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad